• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Advertising boards and time wasting

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bit of a light hearted post here, but who's responsible for providing the match balls? I was joking to my friend last Tuesday night that once the OG comes down it going to get a bit expensive for us if its the home team who provide the balls!
Traditionally, the league has a sponsorship agreement with a ball supplier..Mitre, Adidas etc and they supply clubs with a certain number of balls each season.

PeteUSA

It is not new Pete, in the past, when the OG was open, balls would regularly get kicked out of the ground, either into the road behind the away goal as well as onto the railway track. I suspect that the control of spare balls is the responsibility of the 4th Official and nothing to do with ECFC. But best not let a FACT get in the way of another dig at ECFC eh?
Andy: Please dont you start! I was reading your informative post above, then arrived at that last sentence. WTF brought that on? Where in this "ball" discussion is a hint of me having "another dig at Exeter City"? Do you think I've sat on exeweb nearly every day for the past 16+ years just to have a dig at the club? FFS Grow up, and get something done about this ball problem.

malcolms

Andy: Please dont you start! I was reading your informative post above, then arrived at that last sentence. WTF brought that on? Where in this "ball" discussion is a hint of me having "another dig at Exeter City"? Do you think I've sat on exeweb nearly every day for the past 16+ years just to have a dig at the club? FFS Grow up, and get something done about this ball problem.
Don't take it personally Pete, Andy has the last sentence permanently 'copied' so he can 'paste' it on to each and every contribution that he feels is marginally critical of anything attached to SJP :)

Spoonz Red E

Having the guys in the OG spaced out is a good suggestion - you wouldn't have 2 ball boys standing in the same position.
Other than that there wasn't really a ball problem.
Any ball that went out of the ground or otherwise looked like it would take too long to retrieve from the OG was replaced quickly with a spare from the dugout area.

Last edited:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Not every day but at least face it if there is something critical can be said either about the way we play or something happening at the club that you don't fully condone then you are with 1 or 2 others right at the forefront of bringing it to everyone's attention , No matter how small the issue may be.

I remember when Jones was in goal on a couple of windy nights at SJP and we lost about 5 balls due in part to his kicking (hoofing) it forward and the wind taking it sideways up and over the OG.

PeteUSA

Not every day but at least face it if there is something critical can be said either about the way we play or something happening at the club that you don't fully condone then you are with 1 or 2 others right at the forefront of bringing it to everyone's attention , No matter how small the issue may be.

I remember when Jones was in goal on a couple of windy nights at SJP and we lost about 5 balls due in part to his kicking (hoofing) it forward and the wind taking it sideways up and over the OG.
Another total antagonist who loads the gun and lets me fire it! I wondered where you've been this past couple of days? I've posted a couple of times and I thought you'd be all over it like a rash. Your first paragraph is obviously extremely provocative, but you wont start me off. I value exeweb too much to be the one to get infraction points and a subsequent ban. Obviously you dont get points, even when from nowhere, you call me a "troll", then tell me to go and "crawl back under a rock" somewhere. Dont bother responding, I wont put you on 'ignore' because I think its a useless function where people pretend to use it, and dont.

Early Bath

It seems to me that every time Pete makes a comment which you don't agree with, you jump in to criticize him. Since he has begun to watch matches all the way through now, his comments are much more constructive and less critical. Why don't you give it a rest as well? Yes, a lot of his comments are boring, but no more so than a lot of the other tripe that's spouted on Exeweb.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Having the guys in the OG spaced out is a good suggestion - you wouldn't have 2 ball boys standing in the same position.
Other than that there wasn't really a ball problem.
Any ball that went out of the ground or otherwise looked like it would take too long to retrieve from the OG was replaced quickly with a spare from the dugout area.
After your effort on Saturday during the 2nd half, do you think you have what it takes to be a ballboy? :)

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
After your effort on Saturday during the 2nd half, do you think you have what it takes to be a ballboy? :)
Ha Ha classic - he put up a good chase I thought but never quite got there (y)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
It seems to me that every time Pete makes a comment which you don't agree with, you jump in to criticize him. Since he has begun to watch matches all the way through now, his comments are much more constructive and less critical. Why don't you give it a rest as well? Yes, a lot of his comments are boring, but no more so than a lot of the other tripe that's spouted on Exeweb.
TBH I have bitten my tongue more than once over the last couple of years with people finding fault with everything the club try and do for the benefit of everyone whether that is people who attend every game or if they are watching from miles away.

And maybe it is me getting a little cranky but I wont have my club put down at every opportunity would you Early Bath ?? Don't you in all honesty think the comments about we should have more people collecting balls in the OG a bit OTT its not like it is going to be every game we are having balls kicked over there ? The place is going to be knocked down within the next couple of weeks , then there will probably be something in place be it netting or whatever to stop the balls going into rubble and debris etc or if not there will be a few extra footballs ready to go to speed up the game.

Just to let you know this isn't a personal thing with our colonial cousin but others here who because they aren't party to being involved seem to think their word shouted loud enough should be taken as gospel over other who also have a valid point.

Too many people on here keep quiet over their opinions instead of voicing them like I did for quite a while, but no longer will I sit back and read some of the twaddle people spout as facts when half the time its made up as has been shown previously.

If I ask someone to prove a point they are making to make it valid and truthful is that wrong ? if I tell you im a neurosurgeon and you ask me to prove it and I get found out to be talking BS then im the idiot ......... but if im telling the truth then the tables are turned.