• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Advertising boards and time wasting

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I feel a bit guilty for starting the thread now and for adding to ramone's agony. Certainly not a huge deal at all, I thought it might be a simple problem with a simple answer but it does seem the logistics are a bit more complicated than I had realised.

These foreign jonnies, give em a live stream and all they can do is complain!!!

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ha Ha classic - he put up a good chase I thought but never quite got there (y)
I didn't allow for the wind .... :$

StroudGrecian

Having the guys in the OG spaced out is a good suggestion
Sounds like a bad idea to me, people in that state tend to become extremely unreliable.

Legohead

Banned
Sounds like a bad idea to me, people in that state tend to become extremely unreliable.
(rofl) classic

Spoonz Red E

I agree - hence my edit disclaimer.

What I meant to say was the guys in the OG shouldn't be too 'far out'. ;)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I feel a bit guilty for starting the thread now and for adding to ramone's agony. Certainly not a huge deal at all, I thought it might be a simple problem with a simple answer but it does seem the logistics are a bit more complicated than I had realised.

These foreign jonnies, give em a live stream and all they can do is complain!!!
Antman there is a simple answer the company who are knocking the place down soon have employed 2 guys to chuck the balls back from within the confines of the OG the ones that head off down over onto the railway lines are probably picked up the next morning by ground staff from Exeter City.

Before work started we threw our own back from the stands and there was a bit of netting between OG & BB if you look at the last pictures from the updates there is a big tracked demolition vehicle sat where the netting should be.

malcolms

TBH I have bitten my tongue more than once over the last couple of years with people finding fault with everything the club try and do for the benefit of everyone whether that is people who attend every game or if they are watching from miles away.

And maybe it is me getting a little cranky but I wont have my club put down at every opportunity would you Early Bath ?? Don't you in all honesty think the comments about we should have more people collecting balls in the OG a bit OTT its not like it is going to be every game we are having balls kicked over there ? The place is going to be knocked down within the next couple of weeks , then there will probably be something in place be it netting or whatever to stop the balls going into rubble and debris etc or if not there will be a few extra footballs ready to go to speed up the game.

Just to let you know this isn't a personal thing with our colonial cousin but others here who because they aren't party to being involved seem to think their word shouted loud enough should be taken as gospel over other who also have a valid point.

Too many people on here keep quiet over their opinions instead of voicing them like I did for quite a while, but no longer will I sit back and read some of the twaddle people spout as facts when half the time its made up as has been shown previously.

If I ask someone to prove a point they are making to make it valid and truthful is that wrong ? if I tell you im a neurosurgeon and you ask me to prove it and I get found out to be talking BS then im the idiot ......... but if im telling the truth then the tables are turned.
I suspect you are one of the most regular posters on here, so the concept that you "bite your tongue" is risible in the extreme. You are perfectly entitled to defend "your club" (interesting concept) when you think it is being unfairly attacked and I'm not aware that anyone is suggesting otherwise...Just get on with it and stop suggesting that you are somehow restraining yourself from doing so because it demonstrably isn't true......

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
And yet my post count would suggest otherwise , even with the great Exeweb wipeout.

Yes this is "My club" I feel part of it everyday and will defend it.

Maybe those people who have "another club in the background" don't feel as strongly as I do about Exeter City. Maybe they do and don't post on here.

malcolms

And yet my post count would suggest otherwise , even with the great Exeweb wipeout.

Yes this is "My club" I feel part of it everyday and will defend it.

Maybe those people who have "another club in the background" don't feel as strongly as I do about Exeter City. Maybe they do and don't post on here.
You seriously suggest that someone like Pete doesn't regard ECFC as his club? Jeez he's obsessive about it...has been for a zillion years. The fact that he chooses from time to time to point out what he sees as failings does not make it more your club and less his....

Early Bath

but I wont have my club put down at every opportunity would you Early Bath ??
After watching/following City for the past 70 years, it doesn't bother me one way or another As I see it, it's no different from so called supporters at "a match" slagging off all things City.

Just to let you know this isn't a personal thing with our colonial cousin
Are you sure about that? I don't see you constantly having a go at R W for all his comments about how this and that could/should have been done/better.