• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Return of Paul Jones

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jones , Seaborne , Harley , Moxey , who's next....
There’s a definable pattern emerging...

Red Monster

Jones , Seaborne , Harley , Moxey , who's next....
You know all about returning to SJP ! ;)

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
You know all about returning to SJP ! ;)
I'm far more important

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
For what its worth I like Jonah.

Always thought he got a lot of stick from some quarters on here. Apart from his kicking (which is pretty bad) he is a great keeper at this level.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
For what its worth I like Jonah.

Always thought he got a lot of stick from some quarters on here. Apart from his kicking (which is pretty bad) he is a great keeper at this level.
Agree. And when he left he was our longest serving player and got no credit for that, either

Mind you, that was a howler when the ball bobbled over his foot and dribbled into the goal (Leigh RMI?)

PeteUSA

Mind you, that was a howler when the ball bobbled over his foot and dribbled into the goal (Leigh RMI?)
You're going back a hell of a long way to find a Jonah 'howler'.

Ash

I'm not keen on Jonah coming back. I'm sure he's a nice bloke etc. but he never really made it, did he? As someone else said, he had his faults, but dealing with crosses and corners generally wasnt one of them. His ongoing problem seemed to be getting down for shots along the ground (Lead boots?). However, if Tisdale has ideas about a promotion challenge, I think Pym has been responsible for a fair few points lost thus far i.e. the shot that he appeared to have well covered at Newport; and various others. Also Jonah's stature is formidable, while Pym does look beatable. Its a shame for Pym, who has improved generally this season, but not in the areas needed, such as one on ones with an opponent. That said, I was highly impressed with Pym on that front at Newport, where he threw himself in a proper manner, across the path of a forward, and blocked the ball with his chest. There was a time when he wouldnt have done that. Its very close, but Jonah over Pym for me.
You must be having a laugh surely? Calamity Jones is not as good as Pym, plain and simple.

Colesman Ballz

You must be having a laugh surely? Calamity Jones is not as good as Pym, plain and simple.
That is just your opinion, mine is that there has so far, only been one keeper better than Jones at City in the fan ownership era, namely Ben Hamer, when on loan. He is now plying his trade in the Premier***** with Leicester ! He could actually help Christy to become a better keeper than he is now.

Last edited:

Red Devon

Looked fit and agile during a pretty vigorous pre match warm up yesterday.

Well-known Exeweb poster
That is just your opinion, mine is that there has so far, only been one keeper better than Jones at City in the fan ownership era, namely Ben Hamer, when on loan. He is now plying his trade in the Premier***** with Leicester ! He could actually help Christy to become a better keeper than he is now.
yeah agreed tbh, theres only been, 2 or 3 at the most thats been better than hamer for ???? decades, whose better anyone ?