• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Return of Paul Jones

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Kevin Miller was the best City ive seen by a country mile.

Jones is reliable & solid enough for league 2 - no doubt.

Hamer was decent on loan & Van Huesdan wasn't bad ether.

Antony Moxey

At least we now have two keepers capable of taking us to the division above, rather than one plus one just taking a seat on the bench.

PeteUSA

At least we now have two keepers capable of taking us to the division above, rather than one plus one just taking a seat on the bench.
I totally agree, all of a sudden we're satisfactorily complete in the GK department; providing Pym hasnt attracted other clubs with yesterdays display.

Well-known Exeweb poster

Yeah Miller by a country mile, next hamer always thought Wilson was v good probably next, b but after that pretty bulk ave.. bondy might getup there but only just .

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Van Heusden and Miller for me.

Well-known Exeweb poster
j
Van Heusden and Miller for me.
v h was decent and steady enuf but no way would he get ANYWHERE near a championship let alone a prem squad

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
You're going back a hell of a long way to find a Jonah 'howler'.
My best memories of him were when he stood strong on the edge of his area to parry a shot from Christiano Ronaldo at Old Trafford and his penalty save at Wembley. We were one nil up at the time and I really felt the gods were going to be smiling down on us......little did I know what was to come.

fred binneys head

My best memory is when Tis stood by him after the home leg against Torquay and he played well in the return leg when we sealed our return to Wembley......

.....skin him Wayno.......

......go-on-Logan........

<bedlam>

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
My best memory is when Tis stood by him after the home leg against Torquay and he played well in the return leg when we sealed our return to Wembley......

.....skin him Wayno.......

......go-on-Logan........

<bedlam>
Great days. I feel completely detached from the current team in comparison to then. Strange.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster

Mark Walter who, if memory serves me correctly was a farmer in North Devon, was a decent keeper and played 18 consecutive games at the start of our 89-90 Championship Season after playing in the last 26 games of the previous season before KM came on the scene. Conceding 22 in Championship Season 9 of which were in two game, Scunthorpe away losing 4-5 and Peterborough also away losing 3-4.