• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Heysham Mike

I suggest that with sponsorship from a brewer it could be known as The Bitter End.
There used to be a brewery called the Bitter End in Cumbria.

Temporarily Exiled

Was at the club yesterday for a bit - the new badge on the back of the stand is huge and looks brilliant.

The stand itself is bigger in person than I could tell from all the photos I’ve seen, good stuff. Apparently the whole stand can be taken apart and installed elsewhere...
If we could hypothetically fit a UEFA Category A stadium into the space we have, I see no reason to move. The club is part of the community - the day the club moves outside the city and away from the community it serves (as the Chiefs did) will be a very sad one.

Andy Holloway

Was at the club yesterday for a bit - the new badge - CREST - on the back of the stand is huge and looks brilliant.

The stand itself is bigger in person than I could tell from all the photos I’ve seen, good stuff. Apparently the whole stand can be taken apart and installed elsewhere...
The Club Crest has been funded by 'Grecian Goal'

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was at the club yesterday for a bit - the new badge on the back of the stand is huge and looks brilliant.

Perhaps we could take it to away games.

Oldsmobile-88

We should call it the St James Road End. May not be catchy, but it is informative.
Good shout...Better than a cheesy sponsor name that seems the norm these days.

It might be a good idea whilst the football club has made a few quid recently from transfers & Wembley to get a advertisers screen/scoreboard at that end above the roof..If its not done now,it’s unlikely ever to be done.
It would probably pay for itself in a couple of seasons.It would be the icing on the cake for the ground redevelopment

Grecian Max

If we could hypothetically fit a UEFA Category A stadium into the space we have, I see no reason to move. The club is part of the community - the day the club moves outside the city and away from the community it serves (as the Chiefs did) will be a very sad one.
Whilst I agree with you, the fact is that stand can be taken apart and rebuilt elsewhere. You can make your own assumptions from that :)

I reckon we won’t see out another 10 years at SJP.

Grecian Max

The Club Crest has been funded by 'Grecian Goal'
Well worth it, the badge looks excellent.

Andy Holloway

Perhaps we could take it to away games.
Slightly difficult as it's part of the cladding on the NOG! A bit different to taking the drum to away games.

iscalad

Slightly difficult as it's part of the cladding on the NOG! A bit different to taking the drum to away games.
But....the stand can be taken apart!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whilst I agree with you, the fact is that stand can be taken apart and rebuilt elsewhere. You can make your own assumptions from that :)

I reckon we won’t see out another 10 years at SJP.
You could be right. In a new stadium that stand would fit perfectly behind the goal.