• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Flybe Struggling (as ever)

Legohead

Banned
From a personal perspective if we do give a gambling company the space on our shirts then I will not be buying one and will not buy any merchandise from the club until the shirt sponsor changes. I will also have to contact the club to express my concern. It won't have any impact and I appreciate it will have been done purely from a commercial perspective however it won't be in line with my values and views on the subject. I would hope we could see the bigger picture and refuse any such 'opportunity' should it present itself.

Luton Town did it and we should be strong enough, moral enough and brave enough to do the same.

A local business would be ideal although I fully appreciate the need for the most income to be generated.

Just how much was the Flybe deal worth to us anyway in terms of shirt sponsorship?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Have you actually bought any shirts previously that goes for any second team you may support ! You know the ones with beer sponsorship's on them ?

Legohead

Banned
Have you actually bought any shirts previously that goes for any second team you may support ! You know the ones with beer sponsorship's on them ?
I don't quite understand the questions.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I don't quite understand the questions.
Well did you buy our 92 kit with Carling on it ? or perhaps a Liverpool shirt with a beer sponsor at the time.
you say from your POV you wouldn't buy a shirt with a betting sponsor on it but alcohol I would say is a bigger problem for more people than betting.

Legohead

Banned
Well did you buy our 92 kit with Carling on it ? or perhaps a Liverpool shirt with a beer sponsor at the time.
you say from your POV you wouldn't buy a shirt with a betting sponsor on it but alcohol I would say is a bigger problem for more people than betting.
I was only just into my teens in 92 and didn't follow Exeter then. I didn't follow Liverpool either so wouldn't have bought that kit either. In fact I didn't follow anyone in 92.

Alcohol is a far, far greater problem than betting I agree. The worst I've seen was the Black Death Vodka shirt sponsor that Scarborough had not long before they went belly up. o_O

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was only just into my teens in 92 and didn't follow Exeter then. I didn't follow Liverpool either so wouldn't have bought that kit either. In fact I didn't follow anyone in 92.

Alcohol is a far, far greater problem than betting I agree. The worst I've seen was the Black Death Vodka shirt sponsor that Scarborough had not long before they went belly up. o_O
The Sainted Gary Lineker spoke out once about the influence that alcohol might have on younger people because Carling sponsored the PL but forgetting while he thought he was being so right on, His Spurs shirt, Where he made a lot of money had Holsten on it!

Spoonz Red E

The Sainted Gary Lineker spoke out once about the influence that alcohol might have on younger people because Carling sponsored the PL but forgetting while he thought he was being so right on, His Spurs shirt, Where he made a lot of money had Holsten on it!
Good for the crisps sales though ....

Arthur Davey

Good for the crisps sales though ....
...and crisps: contributers to obesity...tooth decay... Narrows down the options of a "safe" shirt sponsor...

IndoMike

I think I'd just leave this one up to the club and the marketing department..
One thing is for sure : if City went bust because they didn't have a sponsor it would be bad for the health of all of us.

Oldsmobile-88

From a personal perspective if we do give a gambling company the space on our shirts then I will not be buying one and will not buy any merchandise from the club until the shirt sponsor changes. I will also have to contact the club to express my concern. It won't have any impact and I appreciate it will have been done purely from a commercial perspective however it won't be in line with my values and views on the subject. I would hope we could see the bigger picture and refuse any such 'opportunity' should it present itself.

Luton Town did it and we should be strong enough, moral enough and brave enough to do the same.

A local business would be ideal although I fully appreciate the need for the most income to be generated.

Just how much was the Flybe deal worth to us anyway in terms of shirt sponsorship?
Luton with their
I think I'd just leave this one up to the club and the marketing department..
Indeed..The club is not in a position to choose a sponsor for shirts.

A lot is said about betting companies & alcohol manufacturers sponsorship at football clubs,but there are a lot more issues in the game to worry about.