• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Flybe Struggling (as ever)

Fareham Grecian

My daughter is 11 in April. This summer she will be going on her first plane journey, as we all will as a family to visit relatives in Germany / Austria.

She wants to see what the whole experience is like. As long as the plane doesn't crash or get gunned down by Iranian militia then everyone will be over the moon.

I haven't been on a plane since I went to Reykjavik in 2007 so I think i'm allowed one return plane journey totalling 4 hours in the space of 13 years. :p Plus I've never in my life been anywhere further than Hungary. Although it felt like it when I last drove to Inverness. :LOL:

Personally I hate flying and I hate the whole rigmarole of flying - parking, checking in, hanging around etc. I get anxious. It's all one massive pain in the arse.

I only visit places in Europe and will only do so generally via road, rail and ferry and will continue to do so after this summer. I won't be flying again.
As Idles would say more eloquently than me: Well done!

Has any of that anything to do with ECFC or even our sponsors?

Legohead

Banned
:ROFLMAO: . There's always one.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
The cynic in me does wonder whether the leniency awarded to "the beardy wonder" and his consortium might be an attempt at some kind of (100 million) quid-pro-quo from the DfT for previously taking his east-and-west coast train sets from him?
Or Branson might have had the upper negotiating hand and said fark to the 100million - we'll only invest if you delay that to much later.

IBA

Or Branson might have had the upper negotiating hand and said fark to the 100million - we'll only invest if you delay that to much later.
Just wondering if the club should be looking at a more ethical sponsor than Flybe.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just wondering if the club should be looking at a more ethical sponsor than Flybe.
And at the same time avoiding Gambling companies. Hopefully the commercial department are on to it already and not going to leave it to the last minute. This is only a reprieve for Flybe they still have to pay the 100 million to the government

IndoMike

You mean ethical in the environmental sense or business sense, or both? Looking at it from a different angle would it be ethical for us to dump them ( if we could) ? They have stood by us through thick and thin.

Last edited:

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
It won't be our decision

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
The problem arises when BetYerWages.com offer ten times what Bert's Butchers do for having their name on the shirt.

DB9

The problem arises when BetYerWages.com offer ten times what Bert's Butchers do for having their name on the shirt.
Exactly, It's a commercial decision. Unfortunately we're not in a position to say no to BetYerWages.com if like Billy says they offer ten times more than an "Ethical" business. Please note Billy, Bert's Butchers is probably a fine and ethical establishment but we might get the Vegan Police on to us 😂😂

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exactly, It's a commercial decision. Unfortunately we're not in a position to say no to BetYerWages.com if like Billy says they offer ten times more than an "Ethical" business. Please note Billy, Bert's Butchers is probably a fine and ethical establishment but we might get the Vegan Police on to us 😂😂
Yeah that did occur to me but, in the back of my mind, I was thinking about the little club drawn in the cup against the giant club and whose owner always seemed to be the local butcher.

Reactions: DB9