• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
First time I saw Honor Blackman would have been in the Upper Hand if anyone remembers that. Certainly lived up to the glamour granny role.
She was the most glamorous Granny to ever walk the planet in that. She starred in that with a young Kellie Bright now of EastEnders fame.

Oldsmobile-88

Raddy Antic(71)
Many will remember the winning goal the Yugoslav scored at Maine Rd in April 1983 to send down Man City to the 2nd Division & keep Luton in the 1st.in the final game of the season.

Oldsmobile-88

James Drury(85) Actor who was probably best known for his long running role in the Western series,The Virginian.

Banksy

RIP Virginian. Many an episode I enjoyed , what seems a long time ago now.As a western buff , always remember his role as the against type baddie in the magnificent Ride the High Country .

Oldsmobile-88

RIP Virginian. Many an episode I enjoyed , what seems a long time ago now.As a western buff , always remember his role as the against type baddie in the magnificent Ride the High Country .
Such a cool looking dude with his good looks & black leather waist coat in The Virginian.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
As a western buff , always remember his role as the against type baddie in the magnificent Ride the High Country .
That's right - he played a thuggish miner.

I remember a Randolph Scott line from that film: "Good fight - I enjoyed it." Joel McCrea had just KO'd somebody with a single punch!

Banksy

That's right - he played a thuggish miner.

I remember a Randolph Scott line from that film: "Good fight - I enjoyed it." Joel McCrea had just KO'd somebody with a single punch!
Yes , great performances from both actors in the swan song of their careers. Very poignant ending in the last scene of the film as McCrea lies dying after the gunfight.

Oldsmobile-88

Leonard ‘Nipper’ Read(95) the former Detective Superintendent who arrested The Kray twins in 1968 & was instrumental in their subsequent convictions.

Another victim of coronavirus John Prine , country singer aged 73 .

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh and on the day I post up that Bond film thread. Don't think she had any votes last time I looked. :(

RIP
Something completely different Al. My daughter Hayley always liked Ms Blackman to the extent she named my granddaughter after her. Hon recently wrote to Ms Blackman and received at letter from her agent saying she was deeply touched and wished her well in her emerging acting career. My link shows the film 'Decrypted' which is expected to be released in December. Looking down the cast list you will see Honor Davis-Pye plays young Beth. Looking at the photos I'm sure you will recognize Dorchester..