• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rory McArdle joins. Now signs for Harrogate

Ash

Has anybody found denzils suicide note yet? This news is surely going to tip him over the edge (and all over a player that most of you would have had booted out of the door before the end of last September anyway, so why all the fuss?)
I have never been a huge fan of Rory's, but he's at least reasonably capable and at this stage, with both our other experienced centre backs having left (along with everyone else pretty much), I'm slightly horrified at the prospect of losing Rory too.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
One hell of a clear out

grecIAN Harris

One hell of a clear out
How many times did the phrase 'we need to clear the dead wood out' (or words to that effect) get used last season, particularly from January onwards when many were saying 'this side isn't good enough to get promoted)? And now it is you're all $4!tting yourselves silly. There isn't one player who has left that isn't individually replacable, the hardest is probably Bowman (regular goalscoring target men aren't two a penny even at League 2 level). I know Exeweb changes it's mind more often than the points get changed at St David's Station on a daily basis but the manic furore on here at the moment is laughable.

Trapdoor

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring!

milts

How many times did the phrase 'we need to clear the dead wood out' (or words to that effect) get used last season, particularly from January onwards when many were saying 'this side isn't good enough to get promoted)? And now it is you're all $4!tting yourselves silly. There isn't one player who has left that isn't individually replacable, the hardest is probably Bowman (regular goalscoring target men aren't two a penny even at League 2 level). I know Exeweb changes it's mind more often than the points get changed at St David's Station on a daily basis but the manic furore on here at the moment is laughable.
Clear out needed yes but with only 1 player signed so far fans are rightly concerned.

Lets hope we announce 5/6 signings this week.

chunkymorrinmunter

One hell of a clear out
Yeh something not quite right .

grecIAN Harris

Clear out needed yes but with only 1 player signed so far fans are rightly concerned.

Lets hope we announce 5/6 signings this week.
Maybe, just maybe (and I know this sounds almost as laughable) we're actually going to be paying some fees for some players, even if they are only small ones or, and maybe this is a little realistic, we're arranging Randal Williams type deals and the negotiations are why we haven't heard anything yet.

milts

Maybe, just maybe (and I know this sounds almost as laughable) we're actually going to be paying some fees for some players, even if they are only small ones or, and maybe this is a little realistic, we're arranging Randal Williams type deals and the negotiations are why we haven't heard anything yet.
Let’s hope so

Ex-ciderrr

But Nigel is still with us!!
and caprice too.

andrew p long

A bit of perspective , even if this rumour is true. The team selections on the 'starting eleven based on players under contract' thread mostly leave out McArdle, preferring Stubbs and Hartridge as the centre back pairing.