• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Agent Andy

It wouldn’t loan out Lee yet , Jamel has fitness issues and Brown should retire and concentrate on coaching . I cannot see for the life of me why Lee didn’t start at Cheltenham after his decent pre season performances . How’s he supposed to get experience if you don’t play him 🤷🏻‍♂️.
I thought Alfie had refused to go out on loan because of this supposed bid from Rangers .
I would of thought we’d use Cox as a impact sub for the first team as he will score goals so the manager said on Tuesday .I would keep all three in and around the first team until we make some signings

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
It wouldn’t loan out Lee yet , Jamel has fitness issues and Brown should retire and concentrate on coaching . I cannot see for the life of me why Lee didn’t start at Cheltenham after his decent pre season performances . How’s he supposed to get experience if you don’t play him 🤷🏻‍♂️.
I agree in principle, with what you are saying. However, one of the most important things with young players, is ensuring that they earn the trust of the manager and coaches who manage them. I guess MT wants that Trust to be earned following a period of playing adult football. Harry has been unlucky with his various loans breaking down due to Covid etc. Fingers crossed, he can get a decent loan. Once he has played 25 games, I am sure he will be closer to dislodging Scott Brown as No 2. Lets not lose sight of the fact, Harry is still VERY young and has almost no experience of mens football.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought Alfie had refused to go out on loan because of this supposed bid from Rangers .
I would of thought we’d use Cox as a impact sub for the first team as he will score goals so the manager said on Tuesday .I would keep all three in and around the first team until we make some signings
Me too - and I think that's the plan. Frankly if we loan out 4 players before making any signings then a couple of injuries, suspensions (or international call ups!) and we wouldn't be able to fill the bench. Though I think Pond Iseguan Lee and Cox would all benefit from loans where they got 8 opportunities in a month for 90 minutes, rather than (at best) bits and pieces off the bench for us.

Last edited:

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm hoping MT is confident of bringing in reinforcements if he is happy to let Cox go out on loan. With all due respect to the kid, if he's our backup to Nombe god help us, he isn't anywhere near ready for League 1.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think if a player is going on loan to a club it's fairly important that he is there from the start of the season, to be a real part of that team.

Average Joe

Brown should retire and concentrate on coaching .

I cannot see for the life of me why Lee didn’t start at Cheltenham after his decent pre season performances . How’s he supposed to get experience if you don’t play him 🤷🏻‍♂️.
Why would you change a thing about the Chelt game? We broke records and won 7-0. MT just did something amazing and you wish it had been different?

Brown should retire? Are you Pete USA in disguise, you do not have a clue. Stick to lucky transfer guesses.

Agent Andy

I agree in principle, with what you are saying. However, one of the most important things with young players, is ensuring that they earn the trust of the manager and coaches who manage them. I guess MT wants that Trust to be earned following a period of playing adult football. Harry has been unlucky with his various loans breaking down due to Covid etc. Fingers crossed, he can get a decent loan. Once he has played 25 games, I am sure he will be closer to dislodging Scott Brown as No 2. Lets not lose sight of the fact, Harry is still VERY young and has almost no experience of mens football.
I totally agree with what your saying Martin . But we’re one ot two injury’s away from using Lee and he needs that experience now , because Jamel is fragile and Scott is semi retired. If those injury’s happen outside the transfer window then we’d have to play Lee 🤷🏻‍♂️

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I totally agree with what your saying Martin . But we’re one ot two injury’s away from using Lee and he needs that experience now , because Jamel is fragile and Scott is semi retired. If those injury’s happen outside the transfer window then we’d have to play Lee 🤷🏻‍♂️
I presume in that instance we would have an option to recall him or get an emergency loan in (Jokull Andresson-esque).

Agent Andy

Why would you change a thing about the Chelt game? We broke records and won 7-0. MT just did something amazing and you wish it had been different?

Brown should retire? Are you Pete USA in disguise, you do not have a clue. Stick to lucky transfer guesses.
I’m not talking about changing the team now you ****. Lee should have played at Cheltenham for experience., and I can tell you now our gk coach probably agrees 🤷🏻‍♂️

Average Joe

It's in the loan contract, we have the right to call our players back but majority of times its at a fee.