• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
So this is how it is, we’re in for a very good wolves midfielder which would be a great signing in my book, still ongoing .
We’ve had another loan put on hold for some reason and we have got a loan coming in on Monday. Gives us something to debate for a few days 👍👍
Thanks for the info, Agent 007.
This indeed looks very promising.

Rosencrantz

Wouldn't have thought another midfielder was a priority
Now we are playing three out and out midfielders and we only have Kegs in reserve, another one isn't out of the question. Just like we play three centre backs and have five in the squad and one out on loan.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Blimey, it just goes to show the difference between the haves and the have nots.
I’ve read about three Wolves players on here I’ve never heard of before (and I’m sure there are more) who with respect to them are not really that near their first team but could be incredibly useful for us.
It makes you wonder how many players these big clubs have squirrelled away that don’t really get properly used.
I suppose it’s the disparity between the Premier League and where we are, but it does seem to me like it’s a completely different world.
You just need to look at the fate of Callum Rowe to see how harmful this can be to young players. Good enough to be signed up to a top academy and good enough to be given a pro contract but missed out on playing adult games at a crucial stage in his development and now finds him nearly 23 and without a club.
And it's not just the Premiership clubs who are stockpiling talent. Sheffield Wednesday already had arguably the best keeper in League 2 last season on their books but still felt the need to go out and buy arguably the best keeper in League 1 last season.

Banksy

That’s what too much money spread unevenly throughout the divisions with the inevitable greed it brings does.I suppose too the youngsters make that decision, grab the money early on and sometimes like Rowe miss out on playing at a decent level later or take the other route , and with the short career the lure of money often calls.They can’t have it both ways.This obsession with the Premiershite is killing grass roots football.Turn on the tele , and all you see is Premiership, Premiership, Premiership, that’s all the tv moguls ever think interests folk. And look at the problems the lower league clubs are getting with loanees this term , these big teams hoover up all the talent with this result.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
That’s what too much money spread unevenly throughout the divisions with the inevitable greed it brings does.I suppose too the youngsters make that decision, grab the money early on and sometimes like Rowe miss out on playing at a decent level later or take the other route , and with the short career the lure of money often calls.They can’t have it both ways.This obsession with the Premiershite is killing grass roots football.Turn on the tele , and all you see is Premiership, Premiership, Premiership, that’s all the tv moguls ever think interests folk. And look at the problems the lower league clubs are getting with loanees this term , these big teams hoover up all the talent with this result.
Ethan Ampadu comes to mind

iscalad

Now we are playing three out and out midfielders and we only have Kegs in reserve, another one isn't out of the question. Just like we play three centre backs and have five in the squad and one out on loan.
What about Coley?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
What about Coley?
difficult to know exactly what position Matt sees him as in the squad?

iscalad

Sort of midfield attacker, as is MJ?

Banksy

Ethan Ampadu comes to mind
Quite a few come to mind.Anyway , with so much money sloshing around the Premiership and upper echelons of the Championship at the expenses of all those those below , it’s unhealthy.It gets on my wick the emphasis on tv and in the media that’s placed on the top clubs.It’s as if they think nobody else is bothered about the small clubs and they only exist as an afterthought and afterword .I rarely watch a Premiershite game these days , can’t say I miss much apart from the hype which frankly I can do without.

Banksy

Probably a stand in forward in emergencies!