• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

GB News.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
That's not holocaust denial, and it's totally ridiculous to suggest it is.

Racist? Certainly. Utterly stupid? Undeniably so (I can't stand the guy, and would happily leave him as "cancelled"). Holocaust denial? No.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That's not holocaust denial, and it's totally ridiculous to suggest it is.
I didn't say it was.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I didn't say it was.
I did, and I was wrong - misremembered his crass comments about genocide related to slavery rather than the holocaust.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I did, and I was wrong - misremembered his crass comments about genocide related to slavery rather than the holocaust.
Fair enough. We move on...

(As I say, I agree he should have been "cancelled" in any case - he's an odious individual!)

angelic upstart

There is a difference between not understanding and not wanting to understand. I get the feeling you're falling into the latter category. Either that, or there's an element of devil's advocacy in your posts.

You say Sharon Osborne left her show. She didn't, she was dropped.

You say Piers Morgan walked out. Yes he did, before walking on again. And then GMTV effectively fired him (after Whinge complained directly to Ofcom and ITV bosses).

You say Le Tissier was dropped because of a re-jig. Yes, there was a re-jig, but when see those that replaced him and others, you understand what was behind it.

Nah, not at all. I hear about people losing or not being given platforms all the time. Usually, it's because they're insane and their viewpoint is very niche. Back in the day this would've been John Tyndall, Gerry Gable and David Irving and the like. These days with social media, which is massively non representative of the general population any Tom, Dick or Harriet thinks they can waffle nonsense. As a result you get the likes of Ash Sarker, Owen Jones and a host of right wing actually getting a platform to spout off how they're victims to the Worlds ills and basically try and divide us as a country further. We're told they're cancelled usually by the person being cancelled whilst they're writing about it, or they're on TV. All the people you've mentioned still have work, still appear on TV and nothing has actually changed at all. Except in some people's heads.

Re Osbourne - was this in the US? If not, what was she dropped from in the UK?

Morgan walked, or would've been sacked, I accept that. Why was that again? Why were the bosses threatening to lose the job of their biggest asset?

Le Tiss was let go, as was numerous other Soccer Saturday presenters. I don't understand what was behind it at all. You'll need to explain to me as I don't understand.

Mr Jinx

I don't understand what was behind it at all. You'll need to explain to me as I don't understand.
I think I've tried my best and will leave it there.

angelic upstart

I think I've tried my best and will leave it there.
Fair enough, worth noting the last time I watched Soccer Saturday they had Merson, Dawson, Morrison and Sherwood in the studio. Merson and Morrison were their usual annoying selves. Dawson is okay and Sherwood seems clueless.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
The great irony of course is that the right have been trying to cancel things for years, be that gay people, rock and roll music, violent video games, etc. And they're still trying to cancel things like a blink and you'll miss it lesbian kiss in a Disney film. They're just really mad that the left is better at it.

Edit: I forgot of course that GB News cancelled someone for taking a knee on the channel. So much for free speech...

Grecian2K

But the self-righteous right are always at their "best" when playing the victim.

It's the number one ploy in their playbook.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster