• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

GB News.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
It'll be interesting to see if Trevor Sinclair now gets similarly cancelled.

With regards to GBNews, I thought their coverage last night was very good.
It wouldn't be similar at all. Le Tiss lost his job with lots of other presenters.

Interesting, that free speech folk want Mr Sinclair cancelled for his views.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
It wouldn't be similar at all. Le Tiss lost his job with lots of other presenters.

Interesting, that free speech folk want Mr Sinclair cancelled for his views.
You'll find a lot of people who usually cry about free speech currently shouting down negative comments about the monarchy.

tavyred

You'll find a lot of people who usually cry about free speech currently shouting down negative comments about the monarchy.
I saw the reaction to Trev’s silly comments and the foremost objection was around what he said, not that he didn’t have the right to say it. The only people (that I saw) mentioning free speech were those defending him. If talksport get rid, it won’t be about free speech it’ll be about a private company protecting its brand against the crass remarks of one of its employees.

angelic upstart

If talksport get rid, it won’t be about free speech it’ll be about a private company protecting its brand against the crass remarks of one of its employees.
Is that what "cancel culture" is? One company decides the antics of an employee are not good for them, so they get binned. E.g Keys' leaked banter off air at sky was considered worse than Jamie Carragher spitting at some fella on the motorway.

Keys went elsewhere. Same with Morgan et al.

tavyred

Is that what "cancel culture" is? One company decides the antics of an employee are not good for them, so they get binned. E.g Keys' leaked banter off air at sky was considered worse than Jamie Carragher spitting at some fella on the motorway.

Keys went elsewhere. Same with Morgan et al.
I’m no expert but cancel culture to me is more about people wanting to sideline others for generally holding views they perceive as morally not acceptable,
Richard Keys was sacked (for misogyny?) not cancelled and Carragher was judged by his employer of not having crossed the threshold where he needed to be sacked.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
I saw the reaction to Trev’s silly comments and the foremost objection was around what he said, not that he didn’t have the right to say it. The only people (that I saw) mentioning free speech were those defending him. If talksport get rid, it won’t be about free speech it’ll be about a private company protecting its brand against the crass remarks of one of its employees.
So, the same as Piers Morgan then? Who according to Jinx was cancelled.

Alistair20000

I’m no expert but cancel culture to me is more about people wanting to sideline others for generally holding views they perceive as morally not acceptable,
Richard Keys was sacked (for misogyny?) not cancelled and Carragher was judged by his employer of not having crossed the threshold where he needed to be sacked.
Careful with that word Tavy. Some posters on here are unaware of its dictionary definition.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Careful with that word Tavy. Some posters on here are unaware of its dictionary definition.
Touched a nerve I see.

Alistair20000

Touched a nerve I see.
Nope. Just annoying when others don’t understand the correct meaning of words and put their own interpretations on things.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nope. Just annoying when others don’t understand the correct meaning of words and put their own interpretations on things.
Hey, if you don't want to be called out on your misogyny then maybe don't be misogynistic?