• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Sam Stubbs (and Cheerio)

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I guess any speculation is highly dependent on what the prognosis is in relation to this current setbeck as we are naturally in the absence of concrete information jumping to obvious conclusions. His stock was high and at the time he was Matt's Marquee signing the man he saw as the centre half he had been looking for. In some respects Matt's faith and perserverance paid dividends as his six month spell at the end of last season got us over the line. However, I can imagine Stubbs is one of the higher earners therefore even a one year deal with our budget limitations is clearly a huge gamble. However, let's wait and see

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I guess any speculation is highly dependent on what the prognosis is in relation to this current setbeck as we are naturally in the absence of concrete information jumping to obvious conclusions.
Swollen knee...it's the same injury he's always had, stemming from the op he had before we signed him. The only thing to speculate about now is how close he is to being available for selection. My money is on three weeks.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Swollen knee...it's the same injury he's always had, stemming from the op he had before we signed him. The only thing to speculate about now is how close he is to being available for selection. My money is on three weeks.
I didnt realise the club had released any info thanks SRJ. As long as it's not a rolling Tisdale style three weeks we may see him back again then :)

Red Monster

Seeing there has been no talk of anymore surgery that seems
to suggest that nothing can be done to improve the Knee,which
is such a shame as he was outstanding in the last part of the season.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think MT mentioned a few weeks ago that Stubbs seems to randomly get swelling on his knee and they don't seem to know why or how long it takes to recover from. Problem is, he gets swelling on the knee so he can't train, the swelling goes down so he tries to get match fit and then it swells again and the cycle continues.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Problem is, he gets swelling on the knee so he can't train, the swelling goes down so he tries to get match fit and then it swells again and the cycle continues.
He shouldn't continue cycling if his knee is swollen. That's the problem solved.

Cowshed Grecian

There is reason Stubbs plays for us you know and not at a higher level. This is it.

Trampus

There is reason Stubbs plays for us you know and not at a higher level. This is it.
But he doesn’t play for us very often!

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
We've been here before with the second coming of TAH. With our financial restraints and small squad we can't carry players even more so in league one

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's strange how he managed to play a few months of continuous games last season and the knee held up well. It's really frustrating for us but even more so for him.

When fit he's the best centre half we've had for many a year. He's hard, wins everything, organises others, just an all round really good defender. Gutted he's not available.