• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City versus Oxford United matchday thread

Cowshed Grecian

Well after that pathetic display (and you can whine at the ref all you like, we never, ever looked like getting anything from that game) where the players clearly have no interest in playing for the manager, I’m firmly in the anyone but Nicholson camp. After shipping eight goals in two games it’s clear he shouldn’t be anywhere near a first team appointment. I do wonder though, why the players have so little respect for him.

Hopefully we’ll have a proper manager in place for next Saturday.
You really believe the players have no respect for KN? Perhaps look at the squad -we have one fit CB now.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone but Nicholson.

I don't care how nice he is or how well he speaks to Craig Bratt. I want a football manager not a church minister.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
You really believe the players have no respect for KN? Perhaps look at the squad -we have one fit CB now.
Yes. Both Nombe and Brown were distinctly disinterested all game long. Sweeney was little more than a spoilt brat who’s just been told no in the toy shop for the first time in his life, Stansfield was little better. Harper was aimlessly booting the ball anywhere but to a red shirt, Blackman could barely stifle a yawn at having to be on the pitch, Hartridge was constantly covering up mistakes he and his fellow defenders were making through either misplaced passes or dawdling on the ball too long.

The only players who looked vaguely like giving the paying public value for money were Archie Collins and the substitutes. The rest were shadows of the players we’ve enjoyed watching previously this season, which to me shows a lack of respect for the manager. If they did have any, they would at least have looked as though they were trying.

Injuries don’t make you look like you couldn’t give a toss.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Grecianpasty

Let's take out of the equation our injury issues - we looked tired, disorganised, lacking any rhythm in our play. There was a very obvious lack of basic tactical play, which boils down to one thing. Poor coaching, and poor management.

KN should come NO WHERE NEAR becoming manager of our club.

Alistair20000

Can anyone explain to me why Jay Stansfield was called MOTM ?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought Hartridge came out of the game with some credit and we would be absolutely screwed without him at present.
My MoM

iscalad

Can anyone explain to me why Jay Stansfield was called MOTM ?
The sonsors hadn't met him before.

Simba3011

Good news that Cheick's back in training on Monday