• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City versus Oxford United matchday thread

Ian Tarr

Sleep patterns all over the place, so I thought I'd do this.

I think I did this once many years ago, but can't remember the result.

COYR!

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’m feeling very positive about this game, I think we’ll play well and win but it will be fairly tight-ish, maybe 2-0 or 3-1.

Geddon City.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sleep patterns all over the place, so I thought I'd do this.

I think I did this once many years ago, but can't remember the result.

COYR!
Lots of memorable games with Oxford over the years so good to renew the rivalry. Hopefully Harry Kite is fit to start and if he is I'd be tempted to give Sam Nombe a rest. I know it's sound like an overly defensive move against a team low on confidence but if we can dominate the midfield I'd back Jay and Jevani to find space and make the most of the ball. And if that doesn't work you'd back Sam to do some damage against a tired defence.
Anyway, whatever team we pick it feels like a game where we could really do with a win given the tough fixtures coming up.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure we will win, but am sure we can win, so gonna be positive, Jay hat trick and people are going to really start taking notice

Corey

Lots of memorable games with Oxford over the years so good to renew the rivalry. Hopefully Harry Kite is fit to start and if he is I'd be tempted to give Sam Nombe a rest. I know it's sound like an overly defensive move against a team low on confidence but if we can dominate the midfield I'd back Jay and Jevani to find space and make the most of the ball. And if that doesn't work you'd back Sam to do some damage against a tired defence.
Anyway, whatever team we pick it feels like a game where we could really do with a win given the tough fixtures coming up.
Surely if Kite is fit enough to start he has to go into that back 3? A lot more competent in the role than Josh Key who lets be honest was not the best there last match

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hopefully we can get back to fortress St James Park!

Jason's preview

Cowshed Grecian

Harry Kite RCB 3-1 Win

Thames Valley Red

Local friends tell me that they are going to travel well, will be in the traffic with them both ways :)

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looking forward to this one - Kev's first home league game - will it be his last ?
Plenty of eyes will be watching the stands for sight of the lesser spotted new manager aswell as the action on the pitch.
2-1 City Brown/Hartridge
With Mr Tarr starting the thread we are in safe hands :)

UTC

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
With Mr Tarr starting the thread we are in safe hands :)
Steps in the right direction ;)