• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bristol Rovers v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Notwithstanding the small matter of the assist for our second goal. But, hey, there’s none so blind as those who cannot see! 😉
Agreed a lovely cut back across the area to Archie.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Early Gas comments - looks like Charlie Austin looking for a club, Westward bound ?
UTC
He’s signed for Swindon already

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Highlights up on Sky Sports

Exehausted

A player I don't think has been mentioned is Sparkes. After a very good game defensively on Boxing Day I thought he had another solid game tonight. I said after Monday that it might have been because of different coaching, but I think Gary likes the wing backs to play deeper than Matt did which means they don't get caught up field so much. Played a part in the first goal and stood up well during the 20 minutes in the second half. I really don't know why people keep saying we need a LB. Gary is unlikely to go four at the back and I don't believe there is anyone out there in our price range better at LWB than Jack.

StudentGrecian

Stanno’s assist looked class from the away terrace, he obviously should have scored a couple. But the composure on that dink to Dieng, not the first time he’s done it either.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whilst JB says ...........

Bat Fastard

A player I don't think has been mentioned is Sparkes. After a very good game defensively on Boxing Day I thought he had another solid game tonight. I said after Monday that it might have been because of different coaching, but I think Gary likes the wing backs to play deeper than Matt did which means they don't get caught up field so much. Played a part in the first goal and stood up well during the 20 minutes in the second half. I really don't know why people keep saying we need a LB. Gary is unlikely to go four at the back and I don't believe there is anyone out there in our price range better at LWB than Jack.
Agree, we’ve got some very solid wide players in sparkes, key and caprice in my opinion. Also as has been mentioned above, hartridge was mostly very good this evening, always impresses when I see him. Need to see that run for the penalty again though, needed bringing down about 30 seconds earlier

Bat Fastard

Also despite an albeit very poor refereeing performance it was no bad thing we racked up a few yellow cards tonight - the lads were well up for it and matched rovers physically. Hopefully we’ll no longer be the proper chaps of the division going into the new year