• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Jevani Brown

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
is that on the menu at Exeter Fried Chicken then?
Dunno, you typed it😀

STURTZ

He's not an out and out striker and it showed yesterday. If you play the central role you have to be adaptable and strong to the ball into you and for all over Jevani's qualities that is not his game. He looks poorer and we look weaker for it. Drop him in the hole or put him out in a wider position and we get what we saw in the latter part of the game and he turns into a winner for us.
Think we all know that, GC said as much after the game, but all credit to him for trying something new. I think the Stanombrown triumvirate is one of the best forward lines in this league. When Jev was pulling the strings the oppos knew to mark him closely and put two men on him, but with Stanno capable of threading those telling balls through as well, we are a force indeed!'

Trapdoor

Yeah that front 3 line up would give a lot of championship teams problems.

If we had a full strength defence we would be at least in the playoff spots.

Antony Moxey

I don’t know if he’s being especially targeted by opposition fans (and if so then all bets are off, you crack on Jev), but am I alone in getting increasingly irritated by Jevani Brown goading them with his ‘shhh’ gestures when we score? He did it yesterday when Nombe opened the scoring and on the highlights you can see a bottle of water thrown from the home end landing not too far away.

I wonder how long it will be before referees notice this and book him for crowd incitement, or the club tell him to wind his neck in a bit. Maybe a bit drama queen on my part, I don’t know, but I do wish players would just celebrate instead of trying to wind up opposition fans. That you’ve just scored against their team should be enough to put you on top.

Having said that he can do whatever he likes when we play Plymouth next.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don’t know if he’s being especially targeted by opposition fans (and if so then all bets are off, you crack on Jev), but am I alone in getting increasingly irritated by Jevani Brown goading them with his ‘shhh’ gestures when we score? He did it yesterday when Nombe opened the scoring and on the highlights you can see a bottle of water thrown from the home end landing not too far away.

I wonder how long it will be before referees notice this and book him for crowd incitement, or the club tell him to wind his neck in a bit. Maybe a bit drama queen on my part, I don’t know, but I do wish players would just celebrate instead of trying to wind up opposition fans. That you’ve just scored against their team should be enough to put you on top.

Nowt wrong with a bit of that sort of thing if he uses it for motivation. It wasn't long ago that we were all moaning about the team being 'proper chaps'.

Cowshed Grecian

I personally Love it, Crack on Jevani

Antony Moxey

Nowt wrong with a bit of that sort of thing if he uses it for motivation. It wasn't long ago that we were all moaning about the team being 'proper chaps'.
I don’t mind us not being proper chaps against opposition players, but I see no point in players goading opposition fans.

Grecian Max

I love it personally. He’s a great personality and tbh I was bored shitless of Tisdales proper chaps nonsense. The game is about entertaining and it’s all part of the theatre for me. The celebrations pre 90s are horrendous, arms in air like they’ve won a game of Monopoly, then straight the back to the centre 😂

I also like it when away players do it to the bank as it’s not something you see much at other grounds, the bank is imposing and players can’t help themselves, even from some of the big clubs. Obviously not ideal to let in a goal but good to know the Bank get get under the skin of teams 😅

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster

Jevani has a cool head and doesn't shout at refs, retaliate when fouled or get upset with team mates. He is doing it deliberately to wind up the opposing fans and I think yesterday it's something to do with our rivalry with Rovers that it was extra laid on for them. I loved that celebration personally but I am kind of blinded to anything wrong he can do. I am completely in love with him.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I love a bit of shit-housery I can’t lie , nothing better when someone has been In your ear for ages and then bang you stick on away or your team score