• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
If this is the extent of our transfer ambitions then a big sigh from me
That makes two of us.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
For what it's worth, as a player I liked Joey Barton. Tactically as a manager, at our level, he's half decent but it's his man management skills I question and his mouth in the press that I would be very worried about if I was a player that he was looking to sign. Look at the way he hung his keeper out to dry after we beat them. He, imo wrongly, blamed him for all four goals in public immeadiately after the game. His gob is going off all the time in the press be it getting at the opposition or his players and that's what I mean by him being a basket case of a manager.
Fair enough and can’t disagree with anything you have said in your last two paragraphs.

Grecian89

Curious with Coley coming back considering GC doesn’t play with wingers. Does he see Coley playing in the 10 or up top?
I think with GC losing two players this week and at least one of those beyond his control, he needed coley back in the squad for the weekend. Partly to have a half decent bench, Jay and Dieng would have both been on it, and I think we can do a lot more for his ongoing development than Harrogate can/have.

tonykellowfan

Jay and Dieng out and White and Coley in is not an improvement.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
True, but it’s still less than halfway through January. Hopefully in a week or so we’ll be stronger.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
To be fair we haven’t seen anything yet of White so surely can’t judge him.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Really disappointed to see Tim Dieng leave the club he’s a decent league 1-2 player and why he wants to sign for the club currently bottom of the football league and 5 points from safety is beyond me from a footballing point of view but I suppose money talks

Has the fee been confirmed by City ? They rarely do anything but “undisclosed” fees but I’ve heard it’s 50k which It true is chicken feed

Last edited:

manc grecian

We've got cash to burn and a host of top quality players lined up.

simcity

Has the fee been confirmed by City ? They rarely do anything but “undisclosed” fees but I’ve heard it’s 50k which It true is chicken feed
A Gills fan on Twitter said it was more in the £150k region. If it’s that high then very good money for us!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
That makes two of us.
Probably over 3.5k Trust members as well