• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Diabate - Whenever I see him play he either looks World Class or a complete liability and much more often the later.
Prior to his injury I think he was a dead cert to be snapped up by someone higher up the food chain, since his injury he seems half the player.

He's young and young players are usually patchy, he needs to keep playing to keep learning.

Memphis09

Prior to his injury I think he was a dead cert to be snapped up by someone higher up the food chain, since his injury he seems half the player.

He's young and young players are usually patchy, he needs to keep playing to keep learning.
Still think he will be a top player

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Still think he will be a top player
So do I, that's why I think it's important GC sticks with him through this period.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well if Matty Pollock was at the training ground yesterday then you’d hope it’s close to being done.

Remember him coming through at Grimsby and he was very well thought of there and seems to have had a successful loan at Cheltenham in L1 last season. Hopefully this one has legs.
I thought that suggestion was a joke, not a true sighting (though I may be wrong about that)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm waiting for a Wigan player to join us. They'll know half the management team already.

ecfc_ben

I'm waiting for a Wigan player to join us. They'll know half the management team already.
From the signing of White and the new staff, I get the feeling Caldwell wants to bring more players in using his established contacts. Been racking my brains for former Wigan players he might try to bring in

ryancooper327

Take your pick of the low appearance makers…

FC6322CE-FBB7-41D0-9B69-5BB153BA08D4.jpeg

Phil Sayers

That J Carragher at centre back would be a decent option? Surprised he is only 20, seems like he has been around for yonks! ;)

DawlishBouy

Caldwell and his new assistants left Wigan six years ago. Seems an unlikely source of players. Agent Andy’s suggestion of players coming from Celtic sounds more realistic

Colesman Ballz

19days, 9 hours and 19 minutes remaining in the transfer window.