• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

SJP naming rights

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
As has been mentioned previously, Carpetright hinted a long time ago that their sponsorship deal might not extend past this season, so I would expect any competent commercial manager to have earmarked and be talking to a list of potential replacements long before this point. And yes, give them your direct line rather than simply the switchboard number.

Perhaps this IS happening, but advertising now via LinkedIn (in a poorly worded post) for a new sponsor all sounds a bit desperate to me.
Quite. As an aside, I'd have thought the University of Exeter would be a pretty good fit.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Quite. As an aside, I'd have thought the University of Exeter would be a pretty good fit.
It always amazes me the number of clubs that are sponsored by Universities, next it will be the local hospital trusts

PeteUni1984_7

not very good of Carpetright to pull the rug from under us

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
not very good of Carpetright to pull the rug from under us
I'm surprised that sort of news hadn't received blanket coverage!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
As has been mentioned previously, Carpetright hinted a long time ago that their sponsorship deal might not extend past this season, so I would expect any competent commercial manager to have earmarked and be talking to a list of potential replacements long before this point. And yes, give them your direct line rather than simply the switchboard number.

Perhaps this IS happening, but advertising now via LinkedIn (in a poorly worded post) for a new sponsor all sounds a bit desperate to me.
Too many similarities with 'Williamsgate' for me another one who has taken their eye off the ball. However, I'm unclear whether any of her eyes have ever been on the ball judging by a distinct lack of tangible successes coming out of the commercial team. What on earth are her performance targets?

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
It would seem that the halcyon days of a long term shirt sponsorship are over (RIP Flybe), but there could be a commercial bonanza as a result with all replica kits and clothing lines requiring rebranding. Unavoidable of course, but it will be our fans who get "hit in the pocket" during these inflationary times. When the Trust took over the Club, there were "good intentions" (as being fan owned), of avoiding the worst excesses of "milking it" but this seems to have gradually eroded over time. In this case there will be a "built in defence" from the change of sponsorship.
As I undersatnd it, the kit was changing anyways CB. I believe the Joma contract also ends this year.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Good word, not been evidenced at SJP for sometime
Utter tripe.

Did we not get promoted last season? Are we not filling the stadium regularly? Is the SM team providing some of the best output in the EFL? Do we have a new training ground complex coming on line? Has the stadium not (finally) been completed?

Seriously... some people...

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Utter tripe.

Did we not get promoted last season? Are we not filling the stadium regularly? Is the SM team providing some of the best output in the EFL? Do we have a new training ground complex coming on line? Has the stadium not (finally) been completed?

Seriously... some people...
My bad, I was referring to the commercial/promotional activity within the club which has not appeared or exploited our success or popularity as one would have hoped

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
So long as it isn't a betting company... (see the thread with David Wheeler's comments)

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm surprised that sort of news hadn't received blanket coverage!
Swept under, I’m afraid G2K