• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rather a lot of talentless un-nobility in the HOL these days G2K. I am backing the campaign of The Tebburn Feudal Times and Reactionary Herald to bring back the hereditary peers.
And the Exmouth and Teighnmouth Reactionary Herald to bring back their historic piers?

If so, you you have my vote!

Rosencrantz

One thing from this whole saga that is a worrying thing, Not one iota of sympathy for the victims of this man (That is what he is) Its been all about him and how best to accomodate him. The victims have got a lifetime of struggle ahead to come to terms of what happened to them (If they ever do) Counselling, having to relive things in their heads, Perhaps scared to go out, Yet all this time the main focus is this perv.
Welcome to the media world of sexual crime DB. The victims are often an afterthought after the event as far as the media are concerned with more focus on the convict. The same as it is for murder victims as well a lot of the time. The story always seems to be about the perpetrator. This is only national news because of the current trans debate. The majority of these crimes are reported locally only, if at all.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good to see Krankie crumbling under pressure from JK
In what way?

DB9

Welcome to the media world of sexual crime DB. The victims are often an afterthought after the event as far as the media are concerned with more focus on the convict. The same as it is for murder victims as well a lot of the time. The story always seems to be about the perpetrator. This is only national news because of the current trans debate. The majority of these crimes are reported locally only, if at all.
Whilst i agree 100% with what you say Rosey, Not even those outside the media like Politicians seem not to give a second thought to the victims, All their doing is imo justifying this perv's feelings thinking he's a woman, On a side note even is Mrs or Ex Mrs said he's pulling a fast one to get a sympathy softer sentence.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Joking apart though (slightly), perhaps the possible solution would be a specific establishment for all those of "indeterminate gender".

Maybe they could "repurpose" Feltham YOI. It is in Middlesex after all!
There already is. Female identifying criminals who are deemed inappropriate for either male or female prisons are held at Downview. Not quite Middlesex, but very close.

Mr Jinx

Rosencrantz

Whilst i agree 100% with what you say Rosey, Not even those outside the media like Politicians seem not to give a second thought to the victims, All their doing is imo justifying this perv's feelings thinking he's a woman, On a side note even is Mrs or Ex Mrs said he's pulling a fast one to get a sympathy softer sentence.
But it hasn't worked has it. He will get sentenced according to guidelines, whether you think they are strong enough or not is another matter, and will go to a men's prison where he will be more susceptible to sexual assault according to stats.

But just as it doesn't do to tar all transexuals, or any minority, with one brush it doesn't do to tar all Politicians as well. Whilst the normal vocal MP's might want to use the case as a political football, there are always more trying to do the right thing on all sides of the House. The problem is that a disappointing lot of people will tar these women MP's as gobby women in an attempt so dismiss their valid and important views.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you think Sturgeon was in any way swayed by that, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Grecian2K

Given that the image at the top title doesn't even remotely resemble any picture I've even seen of Ms Rowling might I be permitted to assumed that (despite the BLUE tic) this might, just possibly, be a "fraudulent" post?

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Given that the image at the top title doesn't even remotely resemble any picture I've even seen of Ms Rowling might I be permitted to assumed that (despite the BLUE tic) this might, just possibly, be a "fraudulent" post?
It's her profile picture, but the tweet is not on her profile. It's either fake, or she's deleted it.