• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
As an aside, it's things like this that causes me to lose sympathy with Rowling. Assuming it's real, the tweet is nonsense. The SNP have made it quite clear that the bill makes no difference to how trans prisoners are assessed. It actually adds an additional level of protection, as risk is now assessed as part of approving a GRC. Once again, the vast majority of female identifying trans prisoners are kept in male prisons. The Scottish gender law doesn't change that.

Rowling went on a big rant today about how men shouldn't be telling women what to think. Of course if the woman is Sturgeon, and the man is anyone who agrees with Rowling, then it's fine. Rowling is supposedly standing up for women, but her campaign of abuse against Sturgeon doesn't really demonstrate that. Funny that a number of people who criticised Angela Rayner for calling Tories scum and apparently inciting violence, are quite happy with Rowling doing similar.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's her profile picture, but the tweet is not on her profile. It's either fake, or she's deleted it.
She deleted it.

tavyred

Rowling went on a big rant today about how men shouldn't be telling women what to think. Of course if the woman is Sturgeon, and the man is anyone who agrees with Rowling, then it's fine. Rowling is supposedly standing up for women, but her campaign of abuse against Sturgeon doesn't really demonstrate that. Funny that a number of people who criticised Angela Rayner for calling Tories scum and apparently inciting violence, are quite happy with Rowling doing similar.
To be fair to Rowling and feminists like her I think we should allow them a bit more time to readjust to their new reduced status in the ‘identity game’ hierarchy and perhaps cut them some slack. 🤷‍♂️

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be fair to Rowling and feminists like her I think we should allow them a bit more time to readjust to their new reduced status in the ‘identity game’ hierarchy and perhaps cut them some slack. 🤷‍♂️
Perhaps you could explain the mythical hierarchy to her, since you're the one who invented it?

tavyred

Perhaps you could explain the mythical hierarchy to her, since you're the one who invented it?
I think she’s slowly realising her new position in the hierarchy Hermie. This isn’t men telling women like her what to think, it’s a conversation (sometimes heated) between people of the same gender. 🤣

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think she’s slowly realising her new position in the hierarchy Hermie. This isn’t men telling women like her what to think, it’s a conversation (sometimes heated) between people of the same gender. 🤣
Well she clearly has her own hierarchy of women's opinions. But perhaps she ought to take a look at her own behaviour next time she's complaining about online abuse.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Another senior Tory in a tax scandal. Will this s**t ever ever end.

tavyred

A black man has just been killed (probably murdered) in Memphis by 5 black cops, expect in fairly short order riots/demos in the U.K. highlighting how racist the British police are. 🙄

Reactions: DB9

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
A black man has just been killed (probably murdered) in Memphis by 5 black cops, expect in fairly short order riots/demos in the U.K. highlighting how racist the British police are. 🙄
I think you’ll find they’re too busy committing crimes against women these days, Tavy. Do keep up.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think you’ll find they’re too busy committing crimes against women these days, Tavy. Do keep up.
100 cops in Manchester did I read?