• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Benjis

This image contains everything I am worried about right now.
If none of these happen I will be a very happy man.

1675164152261.png

DawlishBouy

Man Utd are looking to loan out Charlie McNeill ... I don't suppose we're in the running though
joins Newport

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
If Jevani has turned down a contract extension then I imagine city are actually pushing the sale of Jevani this month given his contract ends this summer leaving him available on a free.
Do you really think that the height of our ambition is a swift return to League 2 with a large bank balance ? Yeah great plan, let's sell Jevani, Nombe, Key and anyone else we can, watch results go into free fall, attendances plummet and end up as one of the richer clubs in League 2 next year, with gates back to 4k and the momentum of "Project 6000" in tatters. Strewth ! :unsure:

jimmy

View attachment 10897
Oh blimey. Losing those two would make me take out the old calculator and start adding up what we need to stay up!

grecIAN Harris

View attachment 10897
He's been reading Panic City too much, aja Exeweb.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do you really think that the height of our ambition is a swift return to League 2 with a large bank balance ? Yeah great plan, let's sell Jevani, Nombe, Key and anyone else we can, watch results go into free fall, attendances plummet and end up as one of the richer clubs in League 2 next year, with gates back to 4k and the momentum of "Project 6000" in tatters. Strewth ! :unsure:
How many times? They will walk away in the summer anyway! None of those players you have mentioned will be playing for Exeter City this time next year.

We are only a few wins away from safety, I'd like to think we can achieve that with or without those players. I don't want any of those players to leave, they're the core of what is probably my favourite ever City side but if it makes business sense them's the breaks.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
How many times? They will walk away in the summer anyway! None of those players you have mentioned will be playing for Exeter City this time next year.

We are only a few wins away from safety, I'd like to think we can achieve that with or without those players. I don't want any of those players to leave, they're the core of what is probably my favourite ever City side but if it makes business sense them's the breaks.
Tend to agree with you but Nombe is signed on for next year. 12 points to fifty 18 matches to go

geoffwp

Screw business effin sense as far as jev is concerned. I want him here, enjoying his football and scoring sublime goals for us that still yet could get us a play off place.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tend to agree with you but Nombe is signed on for next year. 12 points to fifty 18 matches to go
Apologies, that's good news RE Sam, for some reason I thought he was another out of contract, however I'd still be surprised if he's lining up for us in the first game of next season.

Colesman Ballz

The only one of those players who can just "walk away" in the summer is Jevani. Nombe has another 18 months left under contract and only if there is a release clause in this contract, which is met, can he automatically leave earlier, and In Key's case we will be entitled to compensation by means of a tribunal. None of them may well not end up at SJP next season, but there is no need to go into "Panic mode" now and flog them off wholesale for "peanuts". What message does that give out ?