• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Isn't part of the issue with getting promoted that a manager stays too loyal to players from the promotion season? I wonder if MT was still here whether MJ and Dieng would have left the club? I'm not so sure they would have.
It's a really good point. MJ in particular on a captain's wage would stand out for freeing the budget a bit.

DJG.ECFC

My only criticism is we don’t have 2 in every position now with the CBs. But that’s just me!

Sweeney Aimson Hartridge
No-one Diabate Grounds

I’d argue it looks Aimson would be better in the RCB position with Diabate in the middle but GC can’t drop Sweeney.
Aimsons best position by far is centre of the three cb due to him not being the best on the ball. Diabete will likely be the one who’s moved to the outside of the 3 or left out

Last edited:

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Aimsons best position by far is centre of the three cb due to him not being the best on the ball. Diabete will likely be the one who’s moved to the outside of the 3 or left out
I can't see Diabate as anything other than a centre centre back. He might be OK at RCB, but I don't want to see him on the left for the foreseeable future

DJG.ECFC

I can't see Diabate as anything other than a centre centre back. He might be OK at RCB, but I don't want to see him on the left for the foreseeable future
Which is why he’ll likely be the one dropped. Aimson is the stronger centre cb by all accounts

Memphis09

He is playing well at the moment
If anyone should drop out it should be Hartridge

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
He is playing well at the moment
If anyone should drop out it should be Hartridge
It is up to the current defenders to maintain their form to keep their starting spots. I wouldn't drop anybody at the moment - it would send the wrong message.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting in his interview today he says they are going to review (internally) their processes so that things run more smoothly in the next transfer window.

TotnesGrecian

Training at SJP today was a nice touch, presumably for the new players to get a feel for the ground ahead of Saturday?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting in his interview today he says they are going to review (internally) their processes so that things run more smoothly in the next transfer window.
Also that we only had offers for Josh & Jevani.

Memphis09

Also that we only had offers for Josh & Jevani.
Still think we should if possible up the contract offers unless of course they are determined to leave at the end of the contracts
We could use the money from the increase of the chunks pies