• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

milts

Dropping Sweeney as captain is very unhelpful and unnecessary. Why make that decision?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
A pretty dire match on a terrible pitch. We've given the ball away a lot and looked quite panicky in defence at times but Vale have still never really tested Woods.
Lose this and every likelihood we will drop to 15th

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
It seems to me there have been one or two decent performances under Caldwell, but, plainly, the chances of replicating those performances on anything like a regular basis are much diminished if you constantly tinker with personnel and tactics.

Give a chimpanzee a typewriter and he will eventually come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. Or sumthin' like that! ;-)

Bat Fastard

He's come in and ripped everything to shreds when he didn't need to.

Rotating all the time, changes in formation, giving the captaincy to a player who's been here two minutes, trying to change the style of play which results in being boring and ***** in the final 3rd.
Spot on and there’s only one thing for it - have the sas kidknapp the squad

Memphis09

I'd question the wisdom of this.

Caldwell has said himself that while only one person can wear the armband, he wants 'more than one captain' on the pitch.

This being the case, it seems to me that it's unnecessary, not to mention unhelpful, to make the change midway through the season when it could easily have waited until the summer.

Sweenz clearly took great pride in being skipper and taking the armband off him to give it to someone who's only been at the club two minutes is, at the very least, gonna dent his pride. Suffice to say, it doesn't strike me as great man management.
Agree making to many changes
Aimson looks quite a good player but not a city man yet needs another year
Feel sorry for Sweeney

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only 9 points between us and the relegation zone and loads below us have games in hand.

thermopylai

Scott off and Josh Key on.
Have been distinctly underwhelmed by Scott.

TotnesGrecian

He's come in and ripped everything to shreds when he didn't need to.

Rotating all the time, changes in formation, giving the captaincy to a player who's been here two minutes, trying to change the style of play which results in being boring and ***** in the final 3rd.
Sack him, since he's been here I haven't watched a single good game

supernova

Stanno has looked absolute pony yet again

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is all going to complete rat shit and I'm beginning to have bad dreams. Before the new year they were good dreams about getting to the play offs, now they feature tthe complete opposite