• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Cheltenham Town. Matchday Thread.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
I haven't done one this season, so here we go!

tom_ecfc

Oh god! only joking. Got a feeling we will win 3-1. UTC

Might have liked the new signings to be a bit more strikeresque, but I’m sure they will be welcome additions, going to get behind the lads out there and hope for a moral boosting win for the Grecians. UTC!!!

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good lad, takes some balls to start a match day thread after a disappointing defeat in the previous game. Happy with your wording, not so much your use of full stops, but I’m sure that won’t have an impact on the game. Maybe.

Anyway, confidence restored after the signings yesterday. 4-0 city with Yanic, Caleb and Muskwe all slotting, plus Demari starting them off.

Geddon city.

haka

Good lad, takes some balls to start a match day thread after a disappointing defeat in the previous game.
Not sure we can define "balls" as starting a matchday thread against a team that refuses to score a goal against anyone, anywhere! ;)

You want Bigly Big Balls, start Barnsley away. I got a VC for that one last season.

Today City will win 2-0, dull but safe. Back up to 2nd as well.

jase 07

Good lad, takes some balls to start a match day thread after a disappointing defeat in the previous game. Happy with your wording, not so much your use of full stops, but I’m sure that won’t have an impact on the game. Maybe.

Anyway, confidence restored after the signings yesterday. 4-0 city with Yanic, Caleb and Muskwe all slotting, plus Demari starting them off.

Geddon city.
Demari Gray would be a hell of a signing at our level 😜

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Who will our starting XI be? We need to do better against Cheltenham than we did last season.

Jason's preview, a new ref for us.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Demari Gray would be a hell of a signing at our level 😜
Whoops. Can I blame autocorrect please?

jase 07

Whoops. Can I blame autocorrect please?
Of course you can 👍

David Treharne

It's currently 16c, dull and overcast with wind coming from the NE, but hardly blowing at all. Ther's 90% light grey cloud cover. We had 4mm of rain overnight, but coming at the end of an exceptionally dry spell might not have the desired effect in giving the pitch sufficient moisture - expect the sprinklers to be on pre-match. I'd expect the temperature to rise during the morning, but because there's virtually no breeze the cloud cover will remain. It's also very humid at the moment {93%} , but that should improve later in the morning. As to the game, bit of a jigsaw side seems likely, so not expecting a plethora of goals. I'll update around 13:00, only noting that by-and- large Exeweb has been miserable reading this week, with the doubters and moaners firmly in the ascendant.