• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Derby County vs Exeter City matchday thread

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
You GC out yet pete?
I am rapidly losing faith. Mainly because I just can't see this mess being turned around. Slippery slope and all that. I have zero confidence that we will get anything out of Saturday.

Red Devon

No good the social media team putting up a reel of lots of happy smiling faces at the training ground on Thursday….That was as weak as dishwater and very worrying!

ryancooper327

I'm going to spend Saturday taking the wife and kids out instead of heading to SJP. I'll give my season ticket to the City4all thing, sorry to whoever gets it.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Getting rid of players that had won promotion who although may not have been at the standard to really impress in League One were still good enough to be squad players and not replacing them with any players that were any better.

Lastly under valuing the quality of some of our younger players.

A massive rebuild necessary in the new year but how far will we be adrift at the bottom by then and what will we have to be able to base the rebuild on. Which players of any quality will then be remotely interested in joining us.

STURTZ

Well you've either a very short memory or you must have been asleep during the eras of Gerry Francis, Jim Iley, Colin Appleton, Peter Fox, Noel Blake and John Cornforth!!!
Where's Neil McNab?

Seriously, never thought I'd see a game where the introduction of Joe Auguste might have improved our team!

Gary Caldwell's heading for another hangover!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm going to spend Saturday taking the wife and kids out instead of heading to SJP. I'll give my season ticket to the City4all thing, sorry to whoever gets it.
You and me both.

philb

I know this is an ECFC supporters forum . I have supported and followed City for over 50 years and indeed watched the live stream this evening. Was at Barnsley game and away games at Wycombe and Oxford.
The harsh and obvious truth is that too many players are quite simply lazy and seemingly unmotivated . I am not a football manager but whilst there also seems (obviously ) a lack of technical ability there seems a huge lack of motivation and desire . Not sure how one fixes that but if not soon we will be certain relegation candidates .

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
There have been loads of players in recent seasons I have felt attached to, Tim Dieng and Sam Nombe for example, who were not academy graduates
If you’re a Premier League youngster on loan at a League One club then for as long as they’re winning week in week out I imagine it’s probably a real thrill. At the same time, I can’t help wondering if when everything goes tits up you don’t have the same level of investment in things, safe in the knowledge you’ll be somewhere else next year.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
No good the social media team putting up a reel of lots of happy smiling faces at the training ground on Thursday….That was as weak as dishwater and very worrying!
SM team needs to recognise when the rider has no clothes on

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Where's Neil McNab?

Seriously, never thought I'd see a game where the introduction of Joe Auguste might have improved our team!

Gary Caldwell's heading for another hangover!
What happened to 'I wouldn't want to be in the trenches with you lot?'