• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Energy Prices

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Most of that is water vapour from the Cooling Towers Hants
How was the water vapour created?

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
The evaporation of H2O.
Next question❓

Oldsmobile-88

Iirc poured down the inside of the walls, to get rid of latent heat. Basically the towers are heat exchangers. It was a long time ago that I visited a Power Station(at college). I think I remembered that correctly 😁

Grecian2K

It was a long time ago that I visited a Power Station(at college). I think I remembered that correctly 😁
They had power stations all the way back then? 😱

Oldsmobile-88

They had power stations all the way back then? 😱
Late 1970s G2K not 1870s 😁😎

Talking of Power Stations the former one on Haven Road is remarkably a still well preserved building. I hope it’s listed. Dates from 1899 I believe. The First Power station for Exeter was in New North Road near the Firehouse.

Alistair20000

The board of Siemens know the German government will have to bail the company out. The energy policy in Deutschland is best described as a clusterfkcu. Coal power stations reopening, imagine the row in this country if the government put a few recommissioned coal power stations back online.
Aye yet a further indictment of the energy policies of Angela Merkel who was supposed to be the bees knees

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Multiply that by 35 for Germany. Most German coal fired power stations burn Lignite Coal which is particularly polluting.

Multiply by over a 1,000 for China(and rising)

The UKs burning of coal is negligible in the grand scheme of Climate Change. Not saying that it doesn’t matter, but we need a bit of context.
Maybe all our middle class climate change eco warriors should fook off to Germany or China and see how far they get.

iscalad

The nice government is going to give me an extra £300 again this year to help with costs.

Alistair20000

The nice government is going to give me an extra £300 again this year to help with costs.
Paid for from the taxes you pay but welcome all the same.

iscalad

Paid for from the taxes you pay but welcome all the same.
Yes, I pay taxes. Have done since 1968.