• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Deadline Day Thread

SuperStags1929

Exeter have spoken to Ross County in relation to Purrington being taken on loan over the past few weeks. Lad seems keen to move back South.

Happy to provide the source to moderator if needed.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exeter have spoken to Ross County in relation to Purrington being taken on loan over the past few weeks. Lad seems keen to move back South.

Still has a house in West Clyst.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
At least if Purrington signs, he won't have to be linked with us all the time, anymore.

manc grecian

Just what we need

Memphis09

It's a stupid argument. We're lacking up front, but we don't need to sign famous names that everyone knows aren't currently up to the league we're playing in.
I had never heard of Nombe before he signed
So yes we don’t need big names we need goal scorers

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I had never heard of Nombe before he signed
So yes we don’t need big names we need goal scorers
Our crap run of form began when Nombe left. If he's out of favour and unloved where he is now I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

Banksy

Our crap run of form began when Nombe left. If he's out of favour and unloved where he is now I'd have him back in a heartbeat.
But what would you expect to have to pay for him out of interest? Bearing in mind MKD took a whack of the fee we got for him.

ryancooper327

He'll be loaned to Rovers or Burton at some point.

manc grecian

But what would you expect to have to pay for him out of interest? Bearing in mind MKD took a whack of the fee we got for him.
And matching his brand new spanking salary

Avening Posse

I’m assuming good strikers who want an upward trajectory in their short career are pretty careful when choosing their next club. Going somewhere where they think the team is struggling must be a factor amongst all the others, as playing for a team that doesn’t create many chances is going to impact on you scoring record, and hence attractiveness to a bigger fish down the line.
So losing 13 out of 14 (or whatever it is now) under a particular manager will maybe put the good ones off. Maybe another reason to consider changing now?