• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Shrewsbury Matchday Thread 28th Nov 2023. k.o. 7:45 and 9:45.

BigBankAl

This is a bit harsh if you're talking about tonight, IMO. Scott is properly useless though.
Yeah based on tonight, passengers lot of them

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Although it was only 1 point, I suspect that too many people have become so entrenched in their depression over the past number of games and the desire to see Caldwell out above everything else (and I have a certain amount of sympathy for that), that the effort that was put into that game by the players has passed them by. Yes, there were no goals and we desperately need a recognised striker or two, but sometimes you have to recognise that the team were far better in their application and commitment and give credit for that.

If they can keep that up I'm convinced that they will turn the corner.
O-C totally agree and very well said the calm voice of wisdom as always.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
0-0 the worst possible result

The show will rumble on - I suspect we won’t score against Vale either

Dire - the quality of football tonight was way below League 1 level

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
To me I think the one thing that tonight proved is that he hasn’t lost the dressing room; The boys worked their ballsocks off.
I think they are more likely to have worked for each other.

DB9

But who is driving and who wants to play for a relegation threatened side ?
I'm sure one of the coaching team will drive. As for who'd come down to us no idea but I'm sure there will be some, Whether any good is a different matter.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree in general with your description there, Max, but think the players did give a lot tonight, in terms of effort. That almost makes it more depressing for me.

TotnesGrecian

That performance was in my opinion a 6/10 (and that's generous) compared to the 3/10s served up in recent months.

Niskanen & Wildschut stand out performances

Honourable mentions
Rankine
Sweeney
Trevitt

Aimson always looks like he can't be bothered

Last edited:

older-codger

“Convinced” by that?

Need a lot more evidence than what was an occasionally spirited performance with almost zero goal threat in open play. We played exactly the same as we have done against everyone else, Shrewsbury just happened to be terrible so we’ve scrambled a point.
I did say that my conviction was based on the application and commitment that was shown tonight.

But then - I would not expect your biased view to agree

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Those games are gone why go to the game and boo after what as I said was a battling performance with unlike previous games every player giving his all for the cause.

Why should you view my comment as being condescending
My assumption is that they are booing because we have scored 3 goals in 4,024 league games (tonight included) and they want a change in manager. They contribute to the club coffers every month for the club 'they own' but their (majority) view has been dismissed as 'wrong' by the board. They want to air their frustration and maybe have their voice heard by a board that so far has shown no indication of listening

You stated our defensive performance at the weekend was good - we shipped 7 goals to Bolton - yet say these lads on the Big Bank have no justification for booing this current abysmal run?

Only someone truly blinkered could fail to recognise their own pomposity.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
That was so boring.

2 awful sides playing awful football.

We lack any goal threat whatsoever & it was freezing cold.

we drew 0–0 with them last season as well at home what an absolute bore fest.

We won’t face a worse side at SJP this season then Shrewsbury based on that performance…

that felt proper mid table league 2 stuff not league 1….