• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Shrewsbury Matchday Thread 28th Nov 2023. k.o. 7:45 and 9:45.

Memphis09

I genuinely think his demeanour colours supporters' perception of him. He looks miserable and a little gormless. He can't help it, poor chap.
As much charisma as my uncle Ben lol

Bat Fastard

He had a lot of slack, with me at least. If we had a weaker strikeforce this season, id understand. Even if we went down wouldn't be a red line. It's just so off the deep end dire, though. Not just in terms of looking like we'll win games. Where are our homegrown players gone? Massively rate Kite, Diabate, Hartridge. Ruining them. They'll go for nothing and reappear above us up the leagues.
Completely agree, it’s pretty dire. We regularly had 5 or 6 Devon buays in the side last year, so disappointing to see a side full of journeymen and premier league loanees. I know it’s not all on Caldwell but none of our prospects seem have developed AT ALL under him.

Memphis09

I don't understand why they don't let him have a go at centre-forward. Can't do any worse than the previous experiments.
We were saying that at half time
Play him through the middle at least he try’s
Brought Scott on what an absolute waste of a shirt

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
On reflection I think the only thing that stopped us losing and kept GC in a job is that we were playing Shrewsbury tonight. Port Vale will be tougher, and we will need to improve 100% to get something against them. But still, as long as we perform on the training ground...

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Completely agree, it’s pretty dire. We regularly had 5 or 6 Devon buays in the side last year, so disappointing to see a side full of journeymen and premier league loanees. I know it’s not all on Caldwell but none of our prospects seem have developed AT ALL under him.
Yes, but the lads who've left have all had a big uptick as well. Key, Sparkes and Collins all jumped up a level on leaving. That and the backwards sliding or inertia of the young players on our books tells a story, IMO.

Memphis09

Hahah have you seen his shots? He had s couple tonight and since he's been here all his shots added up make 6mph. He hits the most pathetic bobble shots along the deck everytime. He does not have a good shot.
Well at least he had a shot
Scott could not shoot his way out of a paper bag that’s pathetic

Memphis09

I don't think the boos were aimed at the players.
Hope not

arthur

Well I thought that was better and despite it being a 0-0 I quite enjoyed it, particularly the first half. Perhaps my expectations have dropped ridiculously low.

I thought Cole looked good and was brave on the ball. Wildshut went on 3 or 4 great runs, he just seems to take one touch too many and if he could shoot instead of pea rolling he'd be dangerous. Cheick, clearly not a CF, but did more to hold the ball up, lay it off, and win a few headers than Scott's done all season. Niskanen also looked okay and battled really hard, a real fans favourite. The whole back line were fairly solid and Aimsons distribution was fantastic, pinging some quality 40 yard passes to switch play.

Negatives were Rankine didn't have the best game giving the ball away on numerous occasions, and it was a similar story for Aicheson. I also think Jules could be braver on the ball and attack space rather than just look gor the simple pass.

The big bank were in fine voice and deserve a mention for their great support tonight. I also like how they saved any anti Caldwell songs until after the game.

Caldwell is going nowhere and not just because he can't drive! Tonight was a step in the right direction and we should see this as a solid point after a ridiculously difficult period.
Nice to see you watched the same game I did. There seems to be a lot of confirmation bias going on tonight - talk of the game being stultifyingly boring and Caldwell looking a broken man. I've seen many far worse performances over the years and tonight was not all that dissimilar to Blackpool at home when we got the same result. And I thought Caldwell's interview was entirely sensible even if you might disagree with some or all of what he said

denzel

Nice to see you watched the same game I did. There seems to be a lot of confirmation bias going on tonight - talk of the game being stultifyingly boring and Caldwell looking a broken man. I've seen many far worse performances over the years and tonight was not all that dissimilar to Blackpool at home when we got the same result. And I thought Caldwell's interview was entirely sensible even if you might disagree with some or all of what he said
Blackpool are a far better side though, so that was a better result.

Memphis09

I found it entertaining, particularly the first half, but I think my expectations have changed. I went to the game not expecting anything.
Exactly I felt the same