• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Exeter City versus Burton Albion Matchday Thread

ScottyRFC

Lol - Rangers fan says they're not a glory hunter 🤣
I was born and brought up not far from Ibrox m8 , who should I support then?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exeter. I thought we'd already agreed on this?

😉

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I know people born in the St James area of Exeter.
They support Liverpool😅

ScottyRFC

Exeter. I thought we'd already agreed on this?

😉
Exeter are now my English team m8, just seems I can't get away from Scottish footballs hatred of everything Rangers, wee raging Hearts fans now appearing for some reason 😀

Mid Devon Grecian

Exeter are now my English team m8, just seems I can't get away from Scottish footballs hatred of everything Rangers, wee raging Hearts fans now appearing for some reason 😀
Mate, if you follow City I don’t give a toss who you support north of the border. Enjoy the SJP experience. I’ll buy you a pint anytime.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Posters have often been dismissive of our victories against 10 men (Posh, Shrews) but it's not always easy to break down depleted teams) to counter the extra man teams have to show spirit and work hard, we did that today!

Was a bit disappointed with our line up, understand the need to rest players but Woods should have been on from the start superb player. Wildshutt was o.k.and beat Caprice on several occasions but as usual ran out of steam after about 3 mins.

Good goal could have had more we looked fairly comfortable not too worried about Jules sending off and ban, chance for Hartridge to perhaps do himself and us some good. Think we're home and dry now, permission to continue my victory lap Max?

Second half was well managed with plenty of effort. Good crowd getting "behind the lads", next seasons season tickets flying off the shelves. Great performances from some of the boo boys favourites, Aimson in particular. Great spirit amongst the players, was disappointed with Ali though, thought he was supposed to be a fast striker, he looked ponderous and national league standard.

Anyway, really enjoyed the match hope we can climb the league further, be nice to finish above Matt Taylors Bristol.

Caldwell in!

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
"wee raging Hearts fans"

🤣

Last edited:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Decent 3 points. First 10 mins we were excellent and should have been a couple up by the half hour mark. After getting the goal and for the last 10 mins of the first half we decided to resort to our pendulum football of passing across the back three repeatedly, hypnotising the crowd as heads wobbled whilst people were feeling drowsy.

After the sending off (not sure what happened there as Jules is normally a laid back chap and has only been sent off once in his career for 2 yellows) GC tactically got it spot on. What was interesting to see was how it wasn't obvious we were playing with a man less, unlike Shrewsbury and Peterborough when they went down to 10 men against us our dominance became obvious.

In the end a deserved win in a strange but entertaining match. One final point, if Millenic Alli wants to fulfil his potential and become a real player he needs to seriously improve his fitness.

Mid Devon Grecian

"wee raging Hearts fans"

🤣
Oh my word, really? You are that warped you want to stir up shit against a new supporter of our club?

Shame on you.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re Alli. His fitness is clearly why Caldwell didnt want to introduce him too early. Looked absolutely goosed and he only played 20 mins 🤣