• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

larrywilkie

I like GC, did I mention that before?? ;) :unsure:

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
The one thing I will never be is someone who fawns over a cult of personality…..My loyalty is with the club itself and I understand that everyone is merely passing through.
This is really interesting. Exact same belief here, yet you think backing ‘the club’ and its informed decision making is a sign of weakness. Lemming-like behaviour.

Jevani was an idiot(whatever the provocation Viz Jules), Stanno was always going to move up and Sam, we'll take the money and run. A really big ask to effectively replace all three.
Could have done better on this and hoping, at last, we can do the business in the summer. It will be the management's third chance to do this.

Average Joe

Jevani was an idiot(whatever the provocation Viz Jules), Stanno was always going to move up and Sam, we'll take the money and run. A really big ask to effectively replace all three.
Could have done better on this and hoping, at last, we can do the business in the summer. It will be the management's third chance to do this.
It wasn't that much of a big ask considering we received over 1 million for Nombe.

We could easily replace all three players spending 300k on each position leaving us with 100k plus in the pot. Instead we didn't replace Nombe at all and loaned out Cox.

tavyred

I don't think so. That PSF came on the back of what people judged to be a worrying window and an end to the season where it looked like we wrapped up playing competitive football two months before the seasons end. People got on GCs back this season only after a pretty extraordinarily bleak run of form, both statistically and subjectively.
We then get to my point as to whether the level of criticism was fair and justified. I think the criticism by some wasn’t either of those things at times.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
It wasn't that much of a big ask considering we received over 1 million for Nombe.

We could easily replace all three players spending 300k on each position leaving us with 100k plus in the pot. Instead we didn't replace Nombe at all and loaned out Cox.
We did sign Muskwe. I mean we did technically try, but we where a striker short before Nombe left

Bridgy 81

Six thousand Exeter fans spent a lot of money travelling to Liverpool on a mid week January evening. That line up treated every last one of them with utter contempt. Unforgivable behaviour by Tisdale...
I went to that game and was also very disappointed with our lineup.
Presumably he went for experience but we had no legs or energy in the team at all.
On the plus side I saw two police horses at Anfield with rear lights attached to their tails for the first time!
So it wasn’t a completely wasted journey.
There’s always something interesting to see on any trip you do in my experience.

I went to that game and was also very disappointed with our lineup.
Presumably he went for experience but we had no legs or energy in the team at all.
On the plus side I saw two police horses at Anfield with rear lights attached to their tails for the first time!
So it wasn’t a completely wasted journey.
There’s always something interesting to see on any trip you do in my experience.
Was extremely disappointed with the line up too. Further disappointment came 3 weeks later when I received a speeding ticket for travelling at 62 in a 50 (roadworks) on the M5 at 1am, this followed a speed awareness course a month after that. I am still annoyed with Tisdale, myself and M5 speed restrictions

Alistair20000

It has been pretty obvious for ages that whatever outcomes arose this season Gary Caldwell was not going to be sacked.

So here is a different question:

If we were recruiting a new manager today would you appoint Gary Caldwell ?

Bridgy 81

Was extremely disappointed with the line up too. Further disappointment came 3 weeks later when I received a speeding ticket for travelling at 62 in a 50 (roadworks) on the M5 at 1am, this followed a speed awareness course a month after that. I am still annoyed with Tisdale, myself and M5 speed restrictions
A few years ago I went to our match at Notts County where Bowman was sent off early but we still snatched a win with a last minute Nicky Law goal.
After the game and in celebratory mood we were completely oblivious to the fact that we were driving through Nottingham city centre in a bus lane, until the fine arrived in the post a couple of days later.
It was worth it though.