• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

Average Joe

Firstly MK Dons have a slice of the money.
Secondly it's not all paid at once, but in tranches and
Thirdly Sam was sold near the end of the window, so leaving little time for a suitable replacement.
So, not quite so easy and then the players have to be attracted here with the right deal for the club and them.
Whilst not so spectacular or as effective as Jevani, Jack Aitchison as a replacement has done well and is much more consistent over 90 minutes. Jevani hasn't set the world alight at Rovers, but clearly misses Sam.
T
Are you really that naive?

Do you think there’s a shop out there where you can walk in and pick 3x £300k strikers and they’ll all merrily sign for you?
No, and no...

I do however think that we pay a lot of money for scouts and a recruitment team, we also pay a lot of money for a manager who knew the players needed replacing.

Why would I be naive to think that when we lose three players they need replacing....

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
T

No, and no...

I do however think that we pay a lot of money for scouts and a recruitment team, we also pay a lot of money for a manager who knew the players needed replacing.

Why would I be naive to think that when we lose three players they need replacing....
where do I start ............

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jesus, I knew it 😂 😭
If you stand near us you must be within clawing distance of GrecIan! Surprised there's not more agro. Or perhaps you are GrecIan with a personality disorder, at half time, after a Chunks, hairs grow on your face and fangs descend and mild mannered Toon loving Dr Ian turns into the fearsome Mr Max careering around the terrace growling "Caldwell Out" and attacking anybody with a Scottish accent. Ah, mood swings, this might explain your ability to change your mind about things after virtually every game!

JGrecian23

It has been pretty obvious for ages that whatever outcomes arose this season Gary Caldwell was not going to be sacked.

So here is a different question:

If we were recruiting a new manager today would you appoint Gary Caldwell ?
Absolutely not! But that's a pretty obvious I guess.

grecIAN Harris

The bloke had multiple Super Gary Caldwell flags made up for him this season, I don’t remember MT getting such treatment that early on

It took months and months for a very patient fanbase to turn
Taylor almost always went under the pseudonym of KMT on here as in King Matt Taylor (Maxi, of course, won't be reading this after yesterday evenings little tantrum but the rest of you can read it for whatever you think it's worth).

grecIAN Harris

So you have heard me!

Duh duh diddle diddle duh duh der duh!
And then there's the Pierce Sweeney chant to the tune of The Sweeney😉

Grecian2K

Absolutely not! But that's a pretty obvious I guess.
OK. But who of the available and realistic options would you have appointed?
Or, of those potentially available now, who might it be if GC were sacked today?
(I realise that Jurgen The German is out of our price range but "Siuper" Gary Johnson and Joey Barton are currently free)

Grecian Max

If you stand near us you must be within clawing distance of GrecIan! Surprised there's not more agro. Or perhaps you are GrecIan with a personality disorder, at half time, after a Chunks, hairs grow on your face and fangs descend and mild mannered Toon loving Dr Ian turns into the fearsome Mr Max careering around the terrace growling "Caldwell Out" and attacking anybody with a Scottish accent. Ah, mood swings, this might explain your ability to change your mind about things after virtually every game!
Stanno stand now mate, upgraded for a proper view ;)

I very much remember that group though, often a angry back and forth over Tisdale 😂

JGrecian23

OK. But who of the available and realistic options would you have appointed?
Or, of those potentially available now, who might it be if GC were sacked today?
(I realise that Jurgen The German is out of our price range but "Siuper" Gary Johnson and Joey Barton are currently free)
I don't have the time or need to read through every single available or unavailable manager and look at their credentials. That would be the job of senior people within the club.

I would certainly base the recruitment process on a manager who wants to entertain a little and one that puts more emphasis on the academy (I know I know, we now magically have no academy players capable of sitting on the bench and getting a few minutes here and there, so it's not Caldwell's fault).

With my feelings towards Caldwell though, I could easily answer with literally anyone (except Tisdale) though.

STURTZ

Stanno stand now mate, upgraded for a proper view ;)
Good, Jambo will be releived!😀