• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Latest Club News..

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be fair to ITV Westcountry they do give us reasonable coverage generally
It's just the BBC (who licence fees go to) we need to make "less green" !

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Mid Devon Grecian

The Club’s accounts are due to be filed by 31 March. Given that’s tomorrow I guess it ain’t happening.

A bit shoddy given we’ve had a full time CFO since last October.

Alistair20000

The Club’s accounts are due to be filed by 31 March. Given that’s tomorrow I guess it ain’t happening.

This is not the first time in recent years.

Still time to seek a 3 month extension for filing if there is an unforeseen problem

Mid Devon Grecian

This is not the first time in recent years.

Still time to seek a 3 month extension for filing if there is an unforeseen problem
I suppose they could have filed but Companies House haven’t uploaded them yet?

Can’t see our accounts being particularly complex. They were filed on 7 March last year.

Grecian2K

1) Surely there should be some leeway, especially considering the inconvenience of the timing in Easter this year?
2) Regarding the "shoddiness" I have noted that even some of the Premier League "giants" appear to have been equally dilatory - even though their CFOs probably have a little army of accountants digging away? Different roolz?

Grecian2K

Can’t see our accounts being particularly complex. They were filed on 7 March last year.
Possibly our CFO is struggling to find the money for the fag packet to write them on? Haven't you seen the price of a packet of fags nowadays? Probably pay for 20 (football) Players these days.

Alistair20000

I suppose they could have filed but Companies House haven’t uploaded them yet?

Filing shows up on CH website within a few minutes generally

Mid Devon Grecian

1) Surely there should be some leeway, especially considering the inconvenience of the timing in Easter this year?
2) Regarding the "shoddiness" I have noted that even some of the Premier League "giants" appear to have been equally dilatory - even though their CFOs probably have a little army of accountants digging away? Different roolz?
Why would ECFC wait to the last minute to file?

I can understand the PL clubs filing at last minute, they’re probably beavering away trying to massage the accounts to fit with the FFP rules!

Alistair20000

Why would ECFC wait to the last minute to file?

I can understand the PL clubs filing at last minute, they’re probably beavering away trying to massage the accounts to fit with the FFP rules!
“We took our eye off the ball” ?