• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alex Hartridge

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
My impression, rightly or wrongly, is that Chieck always endeavours to give of his best.
Of course, we all love Chieck.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
You just need to visit Mutley Plain on your next visit 40 mileish W of the Fairer City of Exeter - all of the above and more are available in one street !
I do a bit of work in Plymouth a couple of times a month and travel along that particular crap hole called Mutley Plain. Never seen those barber shops TBH but I try to get the fukc out of there as soon as possible.

andrew p long

Commentary on ifollow last night said 'Alex Hartridge was probably lucky to have been already on a contract for this season, as he probably wouldn't have been offered a contract last summer'.

What absolute rubbish. First GC is on record as saying we've offered Alex further contracts even beyond this season. Secondly Alex started 42 league games last season, with a further 8 other appearances, bringing him to a total of 50- in a season when we finished mid table in League One.

I was surprised that Jon Beer - who was otherwise excellent on co-comms again yesterday - went along with that proposition instead of shooting it down.

iscalad

Commentary on ifollow last night said 'Alex Hartridge was probably lucky to have been already on a contract for this season, as he probably wouldn't have been offered a contract last summer'.

What absolute rubbish. First GC is on record as saying we've offered Alex further contracts even beyond this season. Secondly Alex started 42 league games last season, with a further 8 other appearances, bringing him to a total of 50- in a season when we finished mid table in League One.

I was surprised that Jon Beer - who was otherwise excellent on co-comms again yesterday - went along with that proposition instead of shooting it down.
Don't think Jon Beer was on Radio Devon last night

fred binneys head

Wasn’t Jon Beer on co-comms last night, Jon is excellent, the guy last night definitely wasn’t.

Alistair20000

Wasn’t Jon Beer on co-comms last night, Jon is excellent, the guy last night definitely wasn’t.
Are we talking Radio Devon or I Follow here ? Or were they the same ? The I Follow guys had a total mare

andrew p long

Oops - it was Saturday, the very first minute of the commentary. That was of course when Hartridge was captain - Alan Richardson and Jon Beer were commentating. Normally Jon is excellent in correcting the errors of commentators and, in fairness, he may have wanted to avoid contradicting his co-commentator in the opening few words.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
On topic...

Alex Hartridge on leaving Exeter City

Bat Fastard

On topic...

All the best to him, seems to be a particularly level headed footballer

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
On topic...

Really honest interview in that he says he doesn't know what's next for him.

Brave decision if that's the case and I genuinely hope it works out for him.