• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Euro 2024

ECFC-GC

And so he goes and flukes an easier and kinder draw yet again.

Not that there are any easy games the way they're playing. The 4-4-2 podcast says there were 90 seconds of golden football once Anthony Gordon was on the pitch (last game) and so there's a glimmer of hope I suppose. But then this is the hapless Southgate we're talking about.
If I remember correctly Southgate has relatively little experience of club management for any length of time, Middlesborough if I recall, before becoming England manager.
That seems to be coming home to roost now!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
If I remember correctly Southgate has relatively little experience of club management for any length of time, Middlesborough if I recall, before becoming England manager.
He was lucky at Middlesbrough having Steve Gibson as Chairman/Owner.

Boyo

Nice to see a couple of ECFC flags in this pic:
1719493226186.png

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Two days off from the tournament. What should we do with ourselves? :)

iscalad

Two days off from the tournament. What should we do with ourselves? :)
Well. I'm going to a wedding tomorrow.

scottus86

I'm not sure what everyone is p*ssing the bed for.

Three reasonably solid and comfortable defensive displays with only 1 goal against being a long distance strike... they happen.

Frustrating going forward and boring AF to watch, but it worked for Italy and Portugal in the last 2 Euros.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Loved watching Georgia play Ronnies 11 last night seeing them go 1 up within 2 minutes and his throwing his toys out the pram attitude was brilliant and glad he got a yellow he was lucky not to get a red for his acting.

Still remember that wink Ronnie ya cheating Barsteward !!

jimmy

I'm not sure what everyone is p*ssing the bed for.

Three reasonably solid and comfortable defensive displays with only 1 goal against being a long distance strike... they happen.

Frustrating going forward and boring AF to watch, but it worked for Italy and Portugal in the last 2 Euros.
Not totally excusing England's boring and lackluster approach...however, it has also come off the back of this relatively new FOUR 3rd place sides getting through too. England's group was with three other anti-football teams...two of which are through with three draws.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
And so he goes and flukes an easier and kinder draw yet again.

Not that there are any easy games the way they're playing. The 4-4-2 podcast says there were 90 seconds of golden football once Anthony Gordon was on the pitch (last game) and so there's a glimmer of hope I suppose. But then this is the hapless Southgate we're talking about.
Somehow managed to skim read this as Golden Gordon. :ROFLMAO:

Anybody else remember that?

iscalad

Somehow managed to skim read this as Golden Gordon. :ROFLMAO:

Anybody else remember that?
Ripping...