• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Euro 2024

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
They were píssed because it was a shíte watch.

It may surprise you - but I'm willing to cut Southgate and his team some slack. Hear me out...

Group games can be cagey and dull where the dictats are usually - Just Don't Lose.

The draw has yet again been very kind to England. The cageyness should now be over and done with.

England's last 5 mins vs Slovenia was in the grand scheme of things was rather promising.

All he needs to do now is start with Mainoo, Palmer & Gordon and we should progress.

If he does, I could see us getting to the final. It'll then largely depend who we'll face but, given the players we have, as long as too many aren't injured, we stand a fair chance.

Now for a lie down.... 🤔

<< it's the hope that kills >>
One will start, Mainoo. Gordon and Palmer will be left kicking their heels. Palmer maybe ought to be starting for the unfit looking Saka.

Mr Jinx

One will start, Mainoo. Gordon and Palmer will be left kicking their heels. Palmer maybe ought to be starting for the unfit looking Saka.
OK, but Gordon must feature. It's the no-braineryists of no-brainers. We simply can't carry on with Tripper, a right back, playing left wing. We just can't.

Drop Grealish by all means.....but PLAY ANTHONY GORDON !!!!!

grecIAN Harris

OK, but Gordon must feature. It's the no-braineryists of no-brainers. We simply can't carry on with Tripper, a right back, playing left wing. We just can't.

Don't get me wrong Jinxy, I'm am completely Gordon should start. He is the only player who has got lung busting pace in the front line. He is the only player who's first, second, third and fourth thought is "I'm going to take my man on". He will create chances and he will score goals just as he has for The Toon but it means leaving one of the mega stars out. Do really think Southgate is going to bench Foden or Bellingham for him? Not a hope in hell.

Mr Jinx

Do really think Southgate is going to bench Foden or Bellingham for him? Not a hope in hell.
How about this - drop Saka, play Foden more on the right. Play Gordon Left?

grecIAN Harris

How about this - drop Saka, play Foden more on the right. Play Gordon Left?
Yes, more than plausible but Palmer is the next golden boy that the press will be clamouring for.

Boyo

I’d like to see Gordon start, but not at left back, which is where Trippier has been playing.
Playing Rice is a no brainier. Trying to squeeze Mainoo, Foden, Bellingham, Gordon and Cole into the remaining two midfield and two wide places is the challenge.

Boyo

Yes, more than plausible but Palmer is the next golden boy that the press will be clamouring for.
The same press that two weeks ago was clamouring for TAA to play in midfield!

Rosencrantz

I’d like to see Gordon start, but not at left back, which is where Trippier has been playing.
Playing Rice is a no brainier. Trying to squeeze Mainoo, Foden, Bellingham, Gordon and Cole into the remaining two midfield and two wide places is the challenge.
You can't really unless Bellingham plays as a false nine as he has on occasion for Real Madrid and you drop Kane. It does have more than a hint of Sven shoehorning Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard and Scholes into a midfield in 2004. The answer back then in how to make that and subsequent midfields including Gerrard and Lampard to work was always involving Michael Carrick and dropping a big name. Unfortunately, for many England journalists and fan's, players like Carrick were, and still are, underappreciated. We don't develop those kind of deep lying playmakers who use positioning and interception rather than full blooded tackling too often in England. Matt Grimes is one close to home. Adam Wharton is the current model operating in the PL.

denzel

I'm sure he has other more pressing issues to worry about, like having his latest wife executed.
I'm sorry that one's gone way above my head

Spoonz Red E

I'm sorry that one's gone way above my head
If only Anne Boleyn and Catherine Howard could have said the same thing ...