• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Glastonbury

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’m afraid I don’t even know who she is.
Each to their own but the Glastonbury Festival has got too big and too commercial for my taste.
Although I appreciate they donate to charity and the Eavis family have been good on the whole to Pilton village.
I have my eye on a much smaller festival affair near Bridport next month.
It’s a three dayer but we’re only thinking about just one.
A bit of reggae and ska with some sea-punk and alternative folk thrown in for good measure.
I still occasionally go by myself to listen to some heavy stuff but I’ve mellowed a little since I’ve got older.
And my wife and I have eventually found some common musical ground between our musical preferences.
So that’s good.
Is the the Jurassic one (cant remember the name)? If so looks a good line up and is cheap as chips. If you do go make sure you check out Exmouth’s finest The Barefoot Bandit who are headlining one of the days.

Saw the Idles on TV last night. Fantastic

The only Festivals I have ever attended were the Punk Rebellion Festivals in Blackpool and Morecambe. Went to 5 years on the trot. a fantastic experience in every way

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The only Festivals I have ever attended were the Punk Rebellion Festivals in Blackpool and Morecambe. Went to 5 years on the trot. a fantastic experience in every way
I've only been to Glastonbury, I find that it's not just about the music but the whole vibe of the place.

Ashford Grecian

Pleasantly surprised, reminded me of The Clash in their earlier days

I've only been to Glastonbury, I find that it's not just about the music but the whole vibe of the place.
Hants, my daughter went last year and concurs with you. She did say however it was white middle class and cocaine filled, I was hoping she wasn't referring to herself!

The Punk festivals were Ok, however the undercurrents of violence was a bit scary particularly when the Cockney Rejects, The Business, The Misfits and Cocksparrer were on the bill. 999, The Damned, UK subs, slaughter & the Dogs etc made it more bearable

Oldsmobile-88

The Punk festivals were Ok, however the undercurrents of violence was a bit scary particularly when the Cockney Rejects, The Business, The Misfits and Cocksparrer were on the bill. 999, The Damned, UK subs, slaughter & the Dogs etc made it more bearable
Did Last Resort ever play at those festivals RtP ?

angelic upstart

Couldn't you say that of any festival?

angelic upstart

Did Last Resort ever play at those festivals RtP ?
Fairly sure they did. I think Roi is singer with the 4Skins now.

angelic upstart

The singer is from Exeter. They even had a song named Exeter on an early album.

I saw em in 2017 just before they got big in Cardiff in front of about 200 people was quality. I've found the last few albums, tiresome but their early stuff is quality.