• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Isn't Deano about 40 now?
39 in January so not too far away. To be honest I thought when he left us, his head was still asking questions his legs couldn't quite answer. I haven't seen him play for Torquay much so I wonder if the penny dropped and he has turned into a more Woody like Zen player.

Mid Devon Grecian

somewhere without Steve Evans in charge... presumably he wants his own people.

Just looked up Bristol Rovers management team. The first five are MT,George Friend,Jamie McAllister,Kevin Bond and Wayne Carlisle. The only member of the management team who isn't a former ECFC player is goalkeeping coach Anssi Jaakolli
I thought Bond left Rovers?

andrew p long

I thought Bond left Rovers?
I think you may be right. I posted what I read on the Rovers website

but that could easily be out of date

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
PFA looking after players when they've been released. Zanzala gets a mention

arthur

Yes, poor old Zanzala - tried hard but wasn't very good. Gets lots of mentions and good to see he "catches the eye". Maybe he'll get signed before too long..

sign of the chimes

Gosh, a mention of Milan Lalkovič in that article. Signed for Pompey under Paul Cook and lots of optimism about him. I think he managed about 10 games over a couple of seasons due to form but mainly injuries. I'm pretty sure he attributed the latter to the fact that whilst he had size nine feet he preferred playing in size six boots. I wonder if he's over that?!

STURTZ

Zanzala played his part in our promotion.

gilbertshoot

Zanzala played his part in our promotion.
Every promotion side needs a reserve striker that can come on for a cameo, shake things up a bit and maybe score the odd goal. Zanzala certainly seemed a handful for defenders to deal with. He reminds me a bit of the late Richard Young who fulfilled a similar role for the 1990 championship side - not your starter but good for late in the game and a handful

Bridgy 81

Gosh, a mention of Milan Lalkovič in that article. Signed for Pompey under Paul Cook and lots of optimism about him. I think he managed about 10 games over a couple of seasons due to form but mainly injuries. I'm pretty sure he attributed the latter to the fact that whilst he had size nine feet he preferred playing in size six boots. I wonder if he's over that?!
I never scaled the heights anywhere close to the professional game but I was ok in schoolboy representative football.
I used to like wearing three pairs of socks whenever I played so my boots were tight and felt like they were part of my feet.
Maybe that’s where I went wrong or perhaps Milan Lalkovič and I are distant relatives?

grecIAN Harris

I never scaled the heights anywhere close to the professional game but I was ok in schoolboy representative football.
I used to like wearing three pairs of socks whenever I played so my boots were tight and felt like they were part of my feet.
Maybe that’s where I went wrong or perhaps Milan Lalkovič and I are distant relatives?
Three is a bit excessive, I always wore two pairs although some of that was because I didn't like the feel of shin pads directly on my skin...... always felt sweaty.😖