• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Club

Juan Kossof

We are competing against clubs some of whom have 10 times our turnover. We can't borrow money and have to balance the books. The club loses around £200k a year which we balance by selling players. We have achieved 2 consecutive promotions without buying a single player, and staying in League 1 would in my opinion be a tremendous performance. If we want rid of PT there are a number of larger clubs that would have him tomorrow - and it wouldn't change any of the fundamentals so whoever succeeded him would have all the same issues. Don't expect me to vote for that.

We are competing against clubs some of whom have 10 times our turnover. We can't borrow money and have to balance the books. The club loses around £200k a year which we balance by selling players. We have achieved 2 consecutive promotions without buying a single player, and staying in League 1 would in my opinion be a tremendous performance. If we want rid of PT there are a number of larger clubs that would have him tomorrow - and it wouldn't change any of the fundamentals so whoever succeeded him would have all the same issues. Don't expect me to vote for that.
Well said, agree with this totally. To me the fundamental question is : Which manager - let's name names - would do a better job than Tisdale ? I can't think of anyone.

If we were to get relegated I think he probably would get the push - because that's how football tends to work - but that doesn' t make it a smart decision. Far from it , in fact.

Is he perfect, no ? Does he get things wrong from time to time ? Yes.

So name me the manager who doesn' t make mistakes. At any level. Ever.

Hunterwasmyhero

So name me the manager who doesn' t make mistakes. At any level. Ever.
Wenger doesn't think he does.:)

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
there is no point in scraping through and having nothing to push forward with next term.
I would say this is one of the most wrong-headed posts I've seen in a long time. To think that in our situation one can guage with any precision the mimimum needed to stay up is silly. If we go down we won't be bouncing straight back and it would likely take a big investment to make up the lost ground. It is crucial to try to 'scrape through'.
Actually, citizen33, I would happily suggest yours is 'one of the most wrong-headed posts I've seen in a long time'. Go back and re-read my post. Then resubmit yours without taking mine out of context. Stupidity is not to plan for the future...

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
No question eh? if we are relegated you wait and see how quickly the question is asked...
are you insane?

No question eh? if we are relegated you wait and see how quickly the question is asked...
On some stupid website? Yes, maybe.

I don't suppose you are an ex director of ECFC?

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
are you insane?
No, just a realist...How much money would you wish to wager?

malcolms

On some stupid website? Yes, maybe.

I don't suppose you are an ex director of ECFC?
You mean the website that you have just posted on?

Poultice

When we were in the conference you said we would get promoted. When we were in league 2 you said there was no way we'd make the play offs. You said Paul Jones was useless. No wonder no-one takes you seriously.
Durr !!!

We did get promoted from the Conference.

We didn't make the play offs in league 2.

Paul Jones has just been dropped in favour of my grand dad.

I make that Pete USA three Ian "WTF" Woodwards nil.

I know which one of you two I shall be taking more seriously.

Ian_Woodward

Durr !!!

We did get promoted from the Conference.

We didn't make the play offs in league 2.

Paul Jones has just been dropped in favour of my grand dad.

I make that Pete USA three Ian "WTF" Woodwards nil.

I know which one of you two I shall be taking more seriously.
I meant wouldn't. He was always saying we wouldn't get promoted/wouldn't make the play offs.

Back when we were challenging for the play offs in league 2 (not many people were thinking of automatic promotion) he never gave us a chance. Posting b*ll*cks like we need 6 quality players or we would be going straight down.

He has been awesome this and last season, had Pete had his way he would have been sold aloooong time ago. Being dropped after 1 game doesn't make him a bad player.