• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Was Norrie Stewart

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
As an aside, of course, Argyles dire financial situation is likely to be enhanced if they go down... Championship clubs last year received over £830,000 in their solidarity payments from the Premier League.
Might explain some of the recent performances, lol.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
agreed! the £120,000 they will get as a parachute payment will be scant consolation....

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Given that technology has advanced there must be a way of having a discussion (debate) amongst supporters of ECFC that can be inclusive of those all round the country?

I don't mean by the method of the fans forum, but something that is Trust organised as opposed to Club. There are so many issues being bought up that aren't being dealt with.

For example, I want to stick my own £50 in for the pitch in fund, but have withheld that waiting for a serious discussion about how the club is run and it finances and where we go from here. I get the impression I'm not alone.

Someone who reads Exeweb, must surely we able to take this forward in meaningful manner?

elginCity

What do you think ?
Unsubstantiated nonsense, at a guess. Put me right if not.

Questions should be asked, and you ask some really good 'uns, but don't figure how the constant innuendo helps the cause.

Let's hope the BoS resolve their 'communication' debate, the crux of the matter, IMHO.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Given that technology has advanced there must be a way of having a discussion (debate) amongst supporters of ECFC that can be inclusive of those all round the country?

I don't mean by the method of the fans forum, but something that is Trust organised as opposed to Club. There are so many issues being bought up that aren't being dealt with.

For example, I want to stick my own £50 in for the pitch in fund, but have withheld that waiting for a serious discussion about how the club is run and it finances and where we go from here. I get the impression I'm not alone.

Someone who reads Exeweb, must surely we able to take this forward in meaningful manner?
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you have in mind but Norrie mentioned at a BoS meeting last night that the club intended to stage 10 or 12 fans' forums over the course of next season.

The idea, as I understand it, was that Tis shouldn't take centre stage at more than one or two of these but that the supporters should get a greater insight into what is going on at the club by having the opportunity to quiz those at its hub.

Why not approach Neil - who, of course, represents the Exiles on the BoS - and see if he can get an undertaking that one of these forums should take place in London or thereabouts?

Of course, I appreciate this won't necessarily provide you with answers to all the questions you're seeking answers to but it would, perhaps, be a step in the right direction(?).

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you have in mind but Norrie mentioned at a BoS meeting last night that the club intended to stage 10 or 12 fans' forums over the course of next season.

The idea, as I understand it, was that Tis shouldn't take centre stage at more than one or two of these but that the supporters should get a greater insight into what is going on at the club by having the opportunity to quiz those at its hub.

Why not approach Neil - who, of course, represents the Exiles on the BoS - and see if he can get an undertaking that one of these forums should take place in London or thereabouts?

Of course, I appreciate this won't necessarily provide you with answers to all the questions you're seeking answers to but it would, perhaps, be a step in the right direction(?).
Quite happy to speak to NLM, but he doesn't post on here. He also is quite anti that some of us don't use our real names (I can't). I do speak to Neil, but prefer comms to be up front to everyone.

To be honest, Tis is a bit player in all of this (screw you if you don't understand that bit!), this is all about the club, where we are next season, 2 years, 10, 20 years etc). That is what we need a genuine conversation about Some of this is wider than ECFC, which is why we need to find influences over and above where we are.

Poultice

Unsubstantiated nonsense, at a guess. Put me right if not.
Answer me this Elgy, why do we need the services of a high powered "forensic accountant" if there isn't a bit of "tidying" going on ?

One man's innuendo is another man's wass'name.

Alistair20000

Has the forensic accountant delivered anything of value to date ?

elginCity

why do we need the services of a high powered "forensic accountant" if there isn't a bit of "tidying" going on ?
Isn't he Ted Baker and Tis' mate?

He could be advising the club on how best to avoid history repeating itself.

Red the Paper

Banned
Fine, I've just made my last post on Exeweb.
Thank God for that. Please don't come back, you add no value