• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stelling recounts that he used to say 'Lisa would be proud' when announcing Adam had scored on SSN, and that he would be retiring that catchphrase instead using 'Adam would be proud' when (not if) Jay scored. I wonder if Jay was thinking WTF's Lisa during that?
I think that on another segment Jeff Stelling said that 'it was a corny joke, but I knew that Adam liked it and his family liked it' It was something that was regularly said on Sky Sports on a Saturday afternoon, so although Jay would have been no older than 8 I wouldn't be surprised if it was well known to him.

But I wonder how many new youngest football fans were puzzled at the reference to Lisa...

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
First start for Jay. Looking forward to seeing how good he is. (And the commentators are going to love the fact that MJ is also playing!)

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
First start for Jay. Looking forward to seeing how good he is. (And the commentators are going to love the fact that MJ is also playing!)
In tears already !
Jay hatrick on his full debut anyone
UTC

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not an eye-catching performance but still really impressed by Jay yesterday. Unselfishly ran his socks off for the team which created the space for others to exploit and then the one chance he had to run with the ball he set up a goal.

Red Devon

Just to double the confusion yesterday Jay was replaced by MJ

Grecianpasty

Just to double the confusion yesterday Jay was replaced by MJ
I think we can all agree that we all love Jay.

Red Devon

I think we can all agree that we all love Jay.
Which one :ROFLMAO:

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

iscalad

Big write up in the Mail on Sunday today.

Oldsmobile-88

Big write up in the Mail on Sunday today.
OLIVER HOLT: Football has turned into game of emotion for Stansfield

https://mol.im/a/11246281