• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Thank you Pierce Sweeney!!! (To Swindon Town and now Exeter)

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Taken along with Chas' trip to Hel, anyone else wonder that our Commercial and Media teams are combining for a bit of "Hard salesmanship" ?

Scott_Palfrey

Taken along with Chas' trip to Hel, anyone else wonder that our Commercial and Media teams are combining for a bit of "Hard salesmanship" ?
Nope, we are just trying out new types of content and also just rewarding our loyal sponsors with a bit more coverage! Lots more to come next year!

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
He could have at least pretended he liked the car if you're trying to plug Suzuki! 😂

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Loved the bit when Sweenz was asked what his driving was like and responded having taken both hands off the wheel :)

Positive spin

Loved the bit when Sweenz was asked what his driving was like and responded having taken both hands off the wheel :)
For the majority of the time you cannot tell if he has his hands on the wheel.
“I have driven worse cars” was one quote.
Probably not the full some praise from him Tracks were looking for when agreeing to this.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
but the key question was - does it have a reinforced windscreen? One that would survive being struck by a misplaced shot at the training ground...:whistle:

actually an enjoyable vid from a number of different angles (di make me think I might consider a Suzuki next time I change the car. PS more Suzuki vids to come but...I don't think the social media team will be able to do videos of the manager driving for a while...!

PS the absence of hardline, pre-scripted marketing was a plus for me and also (paradoxically) more effective.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
For the majority of the time you cannot tell if he has his hands on the wheel.
“I have driven worse cars” was one quote.
Probably not the full some praise from him Tracks were looking for when agreeing to this.
Made me laugh that did. What I got from it is I probably wouldn't go for a Suzuki but I quite fancy a Mercedes! Like you say, I'm fairly sure Tracks wanted him to give it a bit more praise than that

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A Football League Paper interview with Pierce. NO idea what it says as it's behind a paywall!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Major Swenz/Wilson love in at the end of the match - BFF's. Good to see the bond between the two from their SJP days together, perhaps once a grecian always a grecian is true with Kane!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Major Swenz/Wilson love in at the end of the match - BFF's. Good to see the bond between the two from their SJP days together, perhaps once a grecian always a grecian is true with Kane!
As I recall, Sweenz wrote in his Echo column that he and his partner went on holiday with Kane and his other half last summer.