• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Thank you Pierce Sweeney!!! (To Swindon Town and now Exeter)

milts

Sweenz, maybe if the players and manager were doing their talking on the pitch, the fans wouldn't need to be so vocal.

scottus86

The players can be behind him all they want, it doesn't change the fact that a good 70% of the fanbase has been lost.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

Sweenz, maybe if the players and manager were doing their talking on the pitch, the fans wouldn't need to be so vocal.
No player is ever going to publicly come out and slam their manager. What else is he going to say other than we support him.

Oh yeah he's a terrible manager and we can't wait to be shot of his incompetence.

more importantly the vast majority of fans have been lost and we saw with Tisdale, that is really hard to win back over, no matter how well you do following it.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
The players can be behind him all they want, it doesn't change the fact that a good 70% of the fanbase has been lost.
Fanbases are fickle and can be won back. Once you've lost the dressing room, you never get it back. Sweenz didn't need to say all this, but he did.

Make of this what you will

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Having met Pierce through a mutual friend i can assure you he genuinely cares about the club and what the fans think or feel.

He’s City through and through.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Having met Pierce through a mutual friend i can assure you he genuinely cares about the club and what the fans think or feel.

He’s City through and through.
Also partial to a drink in the three little pigs? ;)

andrew p long

Exactly, nothing in that article infers he's fed up with GC
And nothing implies it either ;)

(does a pointless comment about correct old style usage of words help improve the mood on here? No, I thought not)

Memphis09

They deserved to win on the basis that they got the ball in the net and we didn't.
We don't complain if we win in such a manner, we shouldn't moan if we lose.
I am not moaning but no way did we deserve to lose that match
Poor linesman decision cost us end of story

Memphis09

He does say we were the better side and disappointed not beat Shrewsbury. The continued bluff that it was some sort of reaction after the Bolton game is laughable, we continued to play poorly and had it been against Bolton, we'd have had another hammering. A borefest 0-0 against a struggling Shrewsbuy was not a reaction.

Also shouldering blame on the offside isn't necessary, excuses aren't a good look when we continue to play poorly.
Don’t think it’s shouldering blame it’s a fact it was offside when in fact we did deserve something from the game

Memphis09

Apart from the fact we are desperately dull to watch. A win on Saturday doesn't change the fact we stink the place out every week and the life has been sucked out of us by an inept manager.
Dull to watch don’t think so
You should see some of the stuff I have suffered over the last 60 years