• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

E.C.F.C. V Fleetwood Town Matchday Thread.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Worried about his interview. Thinks we were superb in the first half. Three or four up at half time? Not if you don't create chances

crocks

Worried about his interview. Thinks we were superb in the first half. Three or four up at half time? Not if you don't create chances
And that was one of the most disappointing things. In the first half when Fleetwood were there for the taking, City weren't able to create many chances

milts

You might want to give your hearing aid a wobble then. Who were those on The Big Bank very clearly booing then (and being stood in the middle of The Bank it was very, very audible around me) if it wasn't for Aimson coming on? He has become the number one target for the boo boys on The Bank.
Booing the decision not the player.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Highlights

ryancooper327

I think Fleetwood did have some good players. Mayor (unfortunately) changed the game. Omochere was a handful and one player I wanted when he was in the LOI with Bohemian. #RyanForScout

Lawal, although a CB by trade, was strong and quick in midfield, better than our options were IMO. Maybe GC can have a word with Celtic when his Fleetwood loan ends… He’s only 20 and will improve.

STURTZ

Yup, rookie manager outwits the genius that is GC.

Where are the happy clappers on here? The silence is deafening. @STURTZ where are you chap?
Post 281. Where were you?

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the reality is that most of our players aren't upper league 1 quality and the results through the course of the season will bear this out at the season end.

The players simply can't deliver the football tactic that the manager seeks but he appears not pragmatic enough to try and apply tactics that suit the players collective skill set.

Unless we have a thorough clear out during the summer and recruit players who can pass at one touch pace, with pace up front and at the back, we face next season with the same turgid approach that we currently see.
Apart from a couple of players, this team is entirely made up of signings that Caldwell wanted for his process now,you have to question if the process he has in mind is suitable for L1.I doubt a thorough clear out will have any effect because we have already had one.

ryancooper327

The best bit of one touch football was a joy to watch yesterday. Unfortunately it was a string of about 5 passes, on the edge of our own box, and ended up with Vils.

Lammie

Are you trying to be funny? Chieck'swhole lack of technical ability on the ball is the problem. He is a professional footballer yet he has no idea about what his next pass is because he has to watch the ball on to his foot every time he receives a pass. This stops him from being able to take a quick look up to see what is on for him when he gets the ball. Because he has no picture, by the time he's taken two touches to control the ball the likes of Carroll (who can be his own worst enemy at times), Cole, and Woods today have a man up their arses with their backs to goal and their only option is to pass to another defender instead of receive the ball on the half turn to be able to play forward. I know Aimson is enemy No1 these days, there was some tw@t stood just behind me on The Bank went into a rage of blind, apoplectic hatred when Aimson came on, but as far as trying to play from the back he is a better option than Chieck.
Totally agree with this. I have kittens everytime Cheick has to take a touch and make a pass. Haven’t read this whole thread yet but I’m amazed no one has mentioned how easily Zak Jules left us positionally vulnerable by chasing his mistakes and not dropping back. At least when Aimson came on and swapped with Jules who was picking up which player, we looked more solid.