• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

E.C.F.C. V Fleetwood Town Matchday Thread.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cannot see we have a thread for this game yet. So here it is.

0-1 defeat incoming :(

STURTZ

Seeing in the away leg we had such a poor team including the formidable twin strike force of Muskwe and Scott I can see us winning this one 3:0.

arthur

I shan't be there, so a scintillating performance is guaranteed. After last week's trying to be clever team selection, I would hope a boring and straightforward lets pick the best players approach will be deployed

Sinisalo

Sweeney - Diabate/Aimson* Jules Purrington

Carroll/Woods** Cole

Rankine Aitchison Harris/Cox/Harper***

Eisa

* Diabate to get the nod, to deal with Stockley

** Would prefer Woods if fit, though Carroll perfectly acceptable

*** any one of these three to play in the Joel Randall position

grecIAN Harris

I shan't be there, so a scintillating performance is guaranteed. After last week's trying to be clever team selection, I would hope a boring and straightforward lets pick the best players approach will be deployed

Sinisalo

Sweeney - Diabate/Aimson* Jules Purrington

Carroll/Woods** Cole

Rankine Aitchison Harris/Cox/Harper***

Eisa

* Diabate to get the nod, to deal with Stockley

** Would prefer Woods if fit, though Carroll perfectly acceptable

*** any one of these three to play in the Joel Randall position
Having had a lot to say about not playing Chieck, like you, I'd play him up against Stockley. It's the kind of battle Chieck thrives on. Purrington will play on the left in that lop sided back four when we haven't got the ball, wing back when we have role. Rankine down the right. Carroll playing six games in four weeks??? Maybe it's time to give Woods a start even if he doesn't finish. Cole surely has to start. Aitchison and 'arris behind Mo.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
We really do need to win this.

Really hoping for a 2 or 3-0 win with some fast paced, attacking football.

Expecting a snooze fest but a narrow win.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
0-0. A frustrating stalement and the continuation of Caldwell purgatory.

crocks

Will be a much easier afternoon if City can score in the first 15 mins. Otherwise, I can see it being very tough to break them down.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Play your best XI Caldwell. No fannying around just pick your first team.

Alistair20000

I shan't be there
1708514134649.png

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Footy Stats analysis of the match
"On 24th February 2024, Exeter City and Fleetwood Town go head to head in the EFL League One. The last meeting ended with the following result : Exeter City 2 - 1 Fleetwood Town. (Think they must mean at SJP)

These 2 teams have met 3 times in the last several seasons based on the data that we have of them.

Out of 3 previous meetings, Exeter City have won 1 matches while Fleetwood Town won 1. 1 matches between them have ended in a draw.

Exeter City is in very poor home form while Fleetwood Town are performing poor at away.

Previous matches between Exeter City and Fleetwood Town have averaged 3.33 goals while BTTS has happened 67% of the time.

So far this season in the EFL League One, Exeter City have averaged 1.18 Points Per Game at home matches and Fleetwood Town 0.88 Points Per Game at away matches. " (Bad grammar but gives an idea of the excitement we are likely to witness)

Also possibly pertinent
Fleetwood have lost three of their last six matches, in this period they did beat the Gas 2-0 though
They have a ratio of 1.13 goals scored per match away from home, and 1.69 goals conceded, so are likely to score and also concede (unfortunately our home goals scored ratio is 0.59 goals per match, so make of this what you will).

As always, and as I haven't changed my glasses yet, I foresee a 3-0 victory with an early goal from Mo to settle the nerves and another just before half time to go in at 2-0. In the Second half Jack 'the post' Aitchinson, upsets the odds and actually finds the back of the net to put the game to bed. Chieck ensures that Jayden has a very quiet game with JS being substituted after 60 minutes. The last twenty minutes we witness a passing masterclass from Ryan as he comes on for TC, to whet our appetites of things to come, now where's that phonebook?