• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 228 59.7%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.3%

• Total voters
It wasn't that much of a big ask considering we received over 1 million for Nombe.

We could easily replace all three players spending 300k on each position leaving us with 100k plus in the pot. Instead we didn't replace Nombe at all and loaned out Cox.
Firstly MK Dons have a slice of the money.
Secondly it's not all paid at once, but in tranches and
Thirdly Sam was sold near the end of the window, so leaving little time for a suitable replacement.
So, not quite so easy and then the players have to be attracted here with the right deal for the club and them.
Whilst not so spectacular or as effective as Jevani, Jack Aitchison as a replacement has done well and is much more consistent over 90 minutes. Jevani hasn't set the world alight at Rovers, but clearly misses Sam.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jevani was an idiot(whatever the provocation Viz Jules), Stanno was always going to move up and Sam, we'll take the money and run. A really big ask to effectively replace all three.
Could have done better on this and hoping, at last, we can do the business in the summer. It will be the management's third chance to do this.
It was a big ask to replace all three and I don't think anyone sensible expected us to start with a strike force at the same quality. What shocked me and others was the failure to put together any kind of strike force that could compete even a level or two down. Our frontline options between Sam leaving and Sonny stepping up, is a scandal, IMO, regardless of who is to blame or how unlucky we were.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is really interesting. Exact same belief here, yet you think backing ‘the club’ and its informed decision making is a sign of weakness. Lemming-like behaviour.
You fancy an argument today or do you want a day off?

You think this is a gotcha which is quite funny because you're actually talking about individuals passing through again...

Last edited:

STURTZ

Why don't you start it, or do you not have the cajones 👀
Have been all season but nobody can hear me for the boos.

Grecian Max

Have been all season but nobody can hear me for the boos.
You're not one of the group that does the circus chant are you?

Your age range at least, you'd get along

STURTZ

You're not one of the group that does the circus chant are you?

Your age range at least, you'd get along
So you have heard me!

Duh duh diddle diddle duh duh der duh!

Grecian Max

So you have heard me!

Duh duh diddle diddle duh duh der duh!
Jesus, I knew it 😂 😭

Mid Devon Grecian

It wasn't that much of a big ask considering we received over 1 million for Nombe.

We could easily replace all three players spending 300k on each position leaving us with 100k plus in the pot. Instead we didn't replace Nombe at all and loaned out Cox.
Are you really that naive?

Do you think there’s a shop out there where you can walk in and pick 3x £300k strikers and they’ll all merrily sign for you?

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Secondly it's not all paid at once, but in tranches and
Everyone always comes out with this old guff. So what, it's paid in installments, which is exactly what we'd do with his replacement, or is it that everyone in the world pays us bit by bit but we have to pay everyone else upfront in full?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Everyone always comes out with this old guff. So what, it's paid in installments, which is exactly what we'd do with his replacement, or is it that everyone in the world pays us bit by bit but we have to pay everyone else upfront in full?
There are a few on here a few tranches short of a transfer fee.