• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was disappointed with and for Ollie. Have a feeling that was his chance, hence Southgate giving him the full game. I can't see him being in the final squad after that.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Suspect Toney will get start v Belgium & score
Hopefully he will. I always want England to score and win and don't really care who the players that score play for at club level.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was disappointed with and for Ollie. Have a feeling that was his chance, hence Southgate giving him the full game. I can't see him being in the final squad after that.
Luckily Southgate isn't as short sited as you then Geoff. You don't have to bang in a hatrick to impress the manager and he'll be more aware than you and I of Ollies strengths. He's on the plane.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Luckily Southgate isn't as short sited as you then Geoff. You don't have to bang in a hatrick to impress the manager and he'll be more aware than you and I of Ollies strengths. He's on the plane.
A very poor team performance.

Ollie had no service whatsoever needed someone like Grealish to be playing alongside with him

geoffwp

I hope you're right Snoop.

grecIAN Harris

I hope you're right Snoop.
Without checking back through the thread, I presume you're on about Toney getting in front of him. What exactly has he done in your eyes to fast track him in front of Ollie since his return? He has been back for 10 games now and has scored four goals which is decent enough but when you turn that into minutes per goal it's 225 against Ollie's 180 odd, nearly half and a match and Ollie's got 10 assists to his name as well. Toney none.

Last edited:

Banksy

Suspect Toney will get start v Belgium & score
Yes , you almost feel it’s in the script for that to happen.In Southgate‘s plan , such as it is , I‘d guess that they each get a game to show what they’re worth and Ollie’s had his ninety minutes now Have a feeling now he won’t get into the final cut.

Banksy

Sincerely hope you’re right but I wouldn’t bet the farm on it.Just hope I’m being overly pessimistic.

Alistair20000

So how much cash did we get for Ollie’s appearance last night ?

Antony Moxey

So how much cash did we get for Ollie’s appearance last night ?
Isn‘t that all done now, and all of the conditions that would have lead to further payments now been met?